Is Selling Stonebridge FE Same As Selling Transamerica or Monumental FE?

I checked some of this out. Doesn't sound good. Would these issues such as renewals, releases, replacements, etc. affect me? I guess the releases could be a problem but as an independent, isn't my contract ( I am contracted as a corp.) with Stonebridge? Do they really have full time agents here in PA that will seek to cannibalize my FE and Med Sup business? I don't really sell MA plans. Not arguing with you, just wondering. Thanks.

I don't know the answers to your questions. My story is that when I decided to return to insurance I was hired by them. They offered to pay for my class and state exam. By the time I finished all that I had found this forum and decided I didn't want to work for this outfit. Since I never signed anything I wasn't under any obligation. This could be the first time in history that they got screwed by an agent and not the other way around. Karma is great.

Last time I check Monumental/Trans/Stone Does not have a required production level up to 125% more like what the upline feels you should get. Am I wrong? (because I could be)

They have recently changed that up a bit. I know this doesn't make a bunch of sense (at least not to me), but in order to get 120% now, you have to have 10 downline agents. In order to get the 125% contract you have to prove $250K in the last 12 months.

I checked some of this out. Doesn't sound good. Would these issues such as renewals, releases, replacements, etc. affect me? I guess the releases could be a problem but as an independent, isn't my contract ( I am contracted as a corp.) with Stonebridge? Do they really have full time agents here in PA that will seek to cannibalize my FE and Med Sup business? I don't really sell MA plans. Not arguing with you, just wondering. Thanks.

One thing you have to be careful about when reading about AmeriLife. There are 2 different sides to them. It's the captive side that you will hear most of the horror stories from, not the independent side.

They have recently changed that up a bit. I know this doesn't make a bunch of sense (at least not to me), but in order to get 120% now, you have to have 10 downline agents. In order to get the 125% contract you have to prove $250K in the last 12 months.

One thing you have to be careful about when reading about AmeriLife. There are 2 different sides to them. It's the captive side that you will hear most of the horror stories from, not the independent side.

Except their release policy, which stinks.

You're not contacted direct to stonebridge, you're under Amerilife, so the release issues absolutely apply to you.
And yes, they do have full time agents they will send to rewrite your business, regardless I if where you work.

Thanks for clearing that up Todd.

It's been nearly a year. Has your experience with Amerilife / Stonebridge gone well? Any serious glitches? Is Stonebridge Life FE the same as Transamerica FE?

Would you recommend it for others?

It's been nearly a year. Has your experience with Amerilife / Stonebridge gone well? Any serious glitches? Is Stonebridge Life FE the same as Transamerica FE?

Would you recommend it for others?

Yes, I would. Keep in mind I haven't tried to get released, so I can't speak on that. Their street contracts seem about as good as anyone's. The thing I like about Amerilife is that someone always picks up when I call. If my guy isn't available, he calls back in short order and always has the answers. Great attitudes down there, as well (they're in Clearwater, why wouldn't they?).

Stonebridge has been good. Still a price leader in my areas and no rate increase this year (a lot of happy campers)! But it is Transamerica. Sticklers on the paperwork and the interdepartmental communication has some room for improvement. It sucks going back after the deal is closed but they will send you back. You learn to be careful.:arghh:

p.s.- If your focus is FE, Amerilife has some good offerings but are somewhat limited. IMO's on here have much more to offer to FE agents.

Last edited:
Back