Is This Legal ?

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have information on a local Health Insurance Plan that is offered by the county where i live.

However, getting approved is a painstaking effort (if you don't know what you are doing) and MOST people who are shopping for coverage know NOTHING about the plan.

Can i charge someone who cannot afford my plans (or just too cheap) to help them with the application and approval process with the County?

Not in Texas....Well, im sure there would be a creative way like having my wife help them and then she ask my advice but that would be not only unethical but geez, is it worth it for one little sell?

I say no

Not in Texas....Well, im sure there would be a creative way like having my wife help them and then she ask my advice but that would be not only unethical but geez, is it worth it for one little sell?

I say no

So...in Texas...you can't make money as an IA unless you are paid by the insurance company directly?

I have information on a local Health Insurance Plan that is offered by the county where i live.

However, getting approved is a painstaking effort (if you don't know what you are doing) and MOST people who are shopping for coverage know NOTHING about the plan.

Can i charge someone who cannot afford my plans (or just too cheap) to help them with the application and approval process with the County?

My advice is for you to contact the county and ask them.

I think i figured this out...

Basically,...i have a producers license in my state. This allows me to BROKER insurance. That means i can only get paid as a PRODUCER when an insurance company CLOSES and underwrites an applicant that i procure.

Last edited:
Back