Is Water Backup Coverage always needed ?

Good question. This was in the prehistoric days of 2016, so I'm sure there have been great advancements
I wish you wouldn't use the term pre-historic for 2016. I predate 2016 a bit and your comment makes me feel like I should be living in a cave waiting for lightning to strike and start a fire somewhere so I can cook dinosaur meat.

I wish you wouldn't use the term pre-historic for 2016. I predate 2016 a bit and your comment makes me feel like I should be living in a cave waiting for lightning to strike and start a fire somewhere so I can cook dinosaur meat.

Hah, it was definitely in sarcastic jest. I'm sure the repair method you described existed back then, but I'm not a contractor so I have no idea if they had to do all that work or not

I was never offered this coverage in my policies. Several years into homeowning, I heard about it somewhere and asked my agent about it. They were impressed that I knew about it and added it to my coverage.

I may be wrong on this as I dont live PC coverage much anymore. I dont believe the home insurance endorsement you speak of would cover the cost to repair the lines from your house to the street or any of those costs. I believe it only covers the damage caused to the inside of your home from the sewage/water backing up in the house.

I may be wrong on this as I dont live PC coverage much anymore. I dont believe the home insurance endorsement you speak of would cover the cost to repair the lines from your house to the street or any of those costs. I believe it only covers the damage caused to the inside of your home from the sewage/water backing up in the house.
I agree but it seemed to me like lorenzo and marin were talking about the type of coverage I do have.

I agree but it seemed to me like lorenzo and marin were talking about the type of coverage I do have.
Correct. I was more talking about Liam & Alex who were talking about supply lines& entire yards & cement being excavated. Sounds like some utility companies might ne offering some form of insurance for that aspect similar to how some offer appliance insurance

Correct. I was more talking about Liam & Alex who were talking about supply lines& entire yards & cement being excavated. Sounds like some utility companies might ne offering some form of insurance for that aspect similar to how some offer appliance insurance
I will have to confess I don't really understand the meaning of the word sarcasm, but, based on a later post above, I think alex was joking with the extremity of his comment, even though it did sound remotely possible.

(It was complete removal of 3 large trees that was causing me to question whether he was describing a real or imaginary event.)

I will have to confess I don't really understand the meaning of the word sarcasm, but, based on a later post above, I think alex was joking with the extremity of his comment, even though it did sound remotely possible.

(It was complete removal of 3 large trees that was causing me to question whether he was describing a real or imaginary event.)

I'm sarcastic a lot, but I actually wasn't on this one ;)

Back