Just Quit my Job to Do FE Full Time

Congratulations. A wise choice in my opinion. Don't be swayed by the naysayers that make their living as FE agents.

Those naysayers are the ones that look upon the FE agent with disdain.

Some will even put in their sig that they are not FE agents. As though that's needed?

I used to just be a life insurance agent until I learned about FE and advanced my career.

Beware of the ones that speak ill of the clientele that we serve. They may mean well but they are clueless as to how to be an FE agent.

Get with an IMO that specializes in FE. Not one that just offers some FE contracts on the side.

Good post.

:)

----------

To answer the questions asked (and head off future questions) I have money, and a reserve to buy leads with and appointments with several companies, a dba and business cards. I have been working in insurance already, but for a captive agency rather than as an independent. I have an Imo that I feel supports me and a business plan in place and my first leads started coming in this week so, rather than violate my non compete, I quit.

I started putting the plan together mid December when I realized I had no future as a captive if I didn't want to be in management, which I don't. I picked fe because it's mostly the same people I am already working with, but older. Today I finally felt like I could make the jump.

Right now as it stands I can go 2 months without a sale and I'll be ok, but I don't think it will come to that. I was averaging 3k in ap a week at my old company. If I can come close to that doing this I will have given myself a 75% raise.

Edit: thanks JDeasy! I'm excited.

That is exciting. Looks like you have been here a year or more so you have had a chance to read a lot. I envy that new rush. I remember coming out of a house after making a nice presentation that resulted in a sale. So hard not to fist pump on my way to the car.

I would wish you luck but sounds like you are not relying on luck. Good on you.

I just quit my job and went full time with med supps after doing it part time for about a year. It's amazing how much you can accomplish in one day working full time!

Congrats to you!!

----------

I am both terrified and excited. It took me longer than I expected to get everything in place so that I could leave, but everything is in place and I just sent a resignation email to my bosses. I'm all on my own now. It's exciting. It's also terrifying, but mostly exciting.

Been there a couple of times, you will be fine, I read the whole thread and you have your act together...now get ready to make some cash!

I just quit my job and went full time with med supps after doing it part time for about a year. It's amazing how much you can accomplish in one day working full time!

If you get into selling some Final Expense, you'll do even better! You can start by adding 1 or 2 carriers until you get them down.

I am both terrified and excited. It took me longer than I expected to get everything in place so that I could leave, but everything is in place and I just sent a resignation email to my bosses. I'm all on my own now. It's exciting. It's also terrifying, but mostly exciting.

Congratulations!

It sounds like you got everything lined up to make the move. With a strong work ethic, you'll make it for sure!

FYI, there is no reason that you won't be able to write $3-$5,000 a week in annualized premium with the right resources.

Congrats! And I envy you because I'd like to do the same thing lol. Its tough working a 40 hour day job and trying to sell FE on the weekends. This weekend will be my 4th time in the field, and I'm taking off Friday so I can work Friday Saturday and Sunday. In my 3 field days, I've written 2 FE apps ($191 & $272 AP) and 2 10 year level term apps ($520 & $1100 AP). Both my FE clients called to cancel before the policy was issued. Too early for me to tell if it was due to my lack of experience, or if I just got unlucky with 2 broke deadbeats.

Once I get some solid clients on the books, I'll be going all in and quitting my day job also. Considering I bring in a little under $500 a week now, I don't think Ill have a problem making that selling FE 7 days a week :1biggrin:

Little one's to the young ones. I had one for $240 AP a few weeks ago. Don't want too many of those. :laugh:

I just did one that $11.05/mo or $133 ap. And $50 of that $133 is non commissionable policy fee. So I'm at $83 on that one. No wait, I'm at 85% on that one. So I made about $71.:yes:

Back