Just Starting Out In Insurance

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What type of insurance is the best to sell in this current economy? Is it final expense,supplemental cancer LTD, or whole life term life?

Re: Just Starting Out

What type of insurance is the best to sell in this current economy? Is it final expense,supplemental cancer LTD, or whole life term life?

IT really all depends on you and what kind you are good at selling and understanding.

The type your prospect is willing to pay for....With some people they will complain all day about the price of term because they don't see the value, show them ROP or What Whole life or UL can do and they will write the check...I would say the biggest thing will be who you can get in front of.

The type your prospect is willing to pay for....With some people they will complain all day about the price of term because they don't see the value, show them ROP or What Whole life or UL can do and they will write the check...I would say the biggest thing will be who you can get in front of.

Good point. If they don't like one product, show them another.

I comes down to 2 things - 1 what you are comfortable selling and 2. what the prospect really wants, not needs but wants.

people who want something are willing to pay for it. If you are selling it on a NEEDS basis probally will resist
Jeremy Nason
Insuranceproshop.com

Jeremy, you are slick. I like how you stick in your link and forget about the Signature Rule on this forum.

Who cares about you have to have so many post to be able to have a Signature or link to your website.

You'll do better starting off if you can offer all three. Then, as you get experience with the products, you'll probably find that you'll gravitate towards the line with which you are more comfortable and knowledgeable. It will make a difference if you are going to be an independent agent or a captive agent with one company. If you're with one company you'll need to offer what they want you to offer, which is usually their entire line. If you're independent you'll have more freedom to choose. Life is easiest to learn since there are only 3 basic types, term, whole, and universal. With annuities and health the policies have many variations. This makes them harder to learn and it's also harder to educate your client. All three have the possibility of a 6 figure income. That is if you're not one of the 95% that wash out the first year. You'll be working 80 hour weeks the first few years. You might want to consider working as a producer for an established agent. This way you can get your feet wet while you make your decision of what to sell

Back