Just Turned Down Nice Account..

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
99.9% of what I do is referral based & I got a random inbound phone call off the internet for a quote the other day.

I quoted his entire package & sent over (20) emails answering his questions & concerns in complete, explicit & articulate detail. After 2 days of failing to commit to an appointment & asking the same questions over & over again...I decided it was time to part ways.

I told him I appreciate his inquiry w/ my agency & that I don't think we're a good fit for him. I HATE giving away business...but you must draw the line somewhere.

Many times I see people asking this question so let it be proof...it pays to walk sometimes.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear others input on internet business.

My experience is tire kickers...zero loyalty...low persistency...higher loss ratio

I'd actually prefer that esurance, geico, progressive take this kind of biz out of my book for me

Those random calls..... they come at a price. Early in my career, I wrote those. I eventually learned, these are usually another agents rejected clients and are the ones that are huge time wasters.

Every once in a while, you pass up a gold nugget though.

Dan

I gave the guy a shot because he had a few rental properties that were all almost brand new. I also figured why not at least see what comes of it?

I guess I'll continue to try because i HAVE written nice accounts off people that just randomly called in. They're typically people who've been told to call a "broker" and they just happened to Google my agency & that was that.

But really...I'm running like 5% success rate on call ins.

I don't say my gut has never let me down but I got where I am using it and would have done the same. And yeah, nice new rental properties would get me listening as well.

Back