Lady is Unhappy with Medicare Advantage

I know the medicare market can be complicated but SEP means Special Election Period. You need to take his advice and learn about the PDP/MS/MA market before you mess with someone's healthplan, regardless of how hot you claim she is.

I am pretty new to selling health insurance in general and particularly green at senior market. I have a lay who bought what looks to be a medicare advantage plan with Secured Horizons in Texas. She does not like it and wants me to suggest an alternative. she likes BCBS. I told her that I would take the certification training on Medicare advantage and Part D, but both BCBS and Unicare are no longer offering it and it sounds like they are out of the business. If I were to write her a plan F and she dropped the medicare advantage plan would she lose coverage? I know enough to know, I don't want to mess her up on prescription coverage. Or can you tell me how I can go about how these different options coordinate with each other. I know from other posts that there are lots of problems with Medicare Advantage. I need some basic training to know how to advise people properly. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

You can learn what you need and pick up CE credits here:
WebCE.com | Insurance Continuing Education (CE)

There are two courses relating to Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplements.

I just started the 7 CE Medicare Advantage course online.

Good luck!

Have you found out WHY she is unhappy with her MAPD plan, or specifics about the plan? There are a lot of things that could be uncovered here which you may or may not have already addressed.

Is she upset because of network docs, prescription issues, copays, or what?

Is it a zero premium MAPD plan? You may have some options that you haven't looked at, also.

Back