Land Of Lincoln

You should try to think out from the box, or all monopolists out here and there will and are making our lives miserable. It is a difference between stocks and mutual funds and co-op members' ownership. In co-op you are owning even physical parts from the entity or its system which is making money for you and other members. On the stock market you are owner of an imaginable VALUE (xaxaxa) and if you don't like it, you can sale it. In co-ops you can't sale your part. You are in, you are co-owner; you are out-you don't have nothing. This is what I remember about it. And it still exists and works. LOLH was not good enough, because was not for profit. But they can ask for help their members based on the fact they aren't for profit.

I understand the fact you think I am creasy to have this idea. Most people are thinking as you, and there is the problem.

Thanks, I thought it was tongue in cheek.

More than significant. They are clarifying the above commented event.

OK..thanks. Just more "government babble", with no real-world implications for our LOLH clients.

August 2nd is fast approaching, and clients need the green light from the IL Dept of Insurance, to begin enrolling with other companies. Sure is taking a long time!

Perhaps Blue Cross is fighting this, because they're losing enough $$$ with their existing Obamacare client base, and understand that a majority of LOLH refugees would choose BCBSIL.

August 3, 2016

FYI.. A LOLH client called the Marketplace today to get covered on October 1st with United Healthcare.

The Healthcare.gov person told him that enrolling before August 15th would automatically get him a Sept 1st effective date.

Client then spoke to a supervisor who told him the same thing, and advised him to call back between August 15th and Sept 15th, if he wanted an October 1st effective date.

So, the bottom line is that Healthcare.gov people are unaware of how the LOLH SEP is supposed to work... that anyone calling in between August 2nd and September 30th, are to receive an October 1st effective date, since their LOLH coverage ends at 11:59pm(CDT) on 9.30.2016.

Rather than fight a fight that's unwinnable, I'm just advising clients to call Healthcare.gov between 8/15 and 9/15, as suggested, if they want an October 1st effective date.

OK..thanks. Just more "government babble", with no real-world implications for our LOLH clients.

August 2nd is fast approaching, and clients need the green light from the IL Dept of Insurance, to begin enrolling with other companies. Sure is taking a long time!

Perhaps Blue Cross is fighting this, because they're losing enough $$$ with their existing Obamacare client base, and understand that a majority of LOLH refugees would choose BCBSIL.

They implemented a quicker payment system which demonstrates just the opposite???

August 3, 2016

FYI.. A LOLH client called the Marketplace today to get covered on October 1st with United Healthcare.

The Healthcare.gov person told him that enrolling before August 15th would automatically get him a Sept 1st effective date.

Client then spoke to a supervisor who told him the same thing, and advised him to call back between August 15th and Sept 15th, if he wanted an October 1st effective date.

So, the bottom line is that Healthcare.gov people are unaware of how the LOLH SEP is supposed to work... that anyone calling in between August 2nd and September 30th, are to receive an October 1st effective date, since their LOLH coverage ends at 11:59pm(CDT) on 9.30.2016.

Rather than fight a fight that's unwinnable, I'm just advising clients to call Healthcare.gov between 8/15 and 9/15, as suggested, if they want an October 1st effective date.

They are clueless.
I have already finished rewriting 4 clients, and without a problem got effective date 10/01/2016.

You have to check-mark the question:
Will lose health coverage in the next 60 days,
and put the date: 09/30/2016.
Then you will get effective date for the new plan 10/01/2016.

They are clueless.
I have already finished rewriting 4 clients, and without a problem got effective date 10/01/2016.

You have to check-mark the question:
Will lose health coverage in the next 60 days,
and put the date: 09/30/2016.
Then you will get effective date for the new plan 10/01/2016.

What system/platform are you using to enter their enrollment, Prencik? HealthSherpa isn't allowing SEP enrollments.

Since no Illinois carriers are paying us for SEPs, I'm simply advising clients to call Healthcare.gov, after we determine the best plan together.

What system/platform are you using to enter their enrollment, Prencik? HealthSherpa isn't allowing SEP enrollments.

Since no Illinois carriers are paying us for SEPs, I'm simply advising clients to call Healthcare.gov, after we determine the best plan together.

I'm using HealthSherpa without any problems. They don't charge anything right now for the applications so I'm good. Non of the companies are paying commissions for SEP. But hopefully I will be paid next year.

I'm using HealthSherpa without any problems. They don't charge anything right now for the applications so I'm good. Non of the companies are paying commissions for SEP. But hopefully I will be paid next year.

Thanks for that info Prencik. When I checked HealthSherpa last week, it only gave two options for enrolling in a plan. 1.) Contact your agent or 2.) Contact Healthcare.gov.

I'm gonna go back over there now and see if that's been changed to allow online enrollment once again.

Back