Land Of Lincoln

Supposing their rate increase is below 10%, their premium should be better then Blue Cross. And from my calculations Blue Cross should have better rates then Aetna, UHC, Coventry and Humana.

Now knowing that Land of Lincoln can go out of business anytime in 2016 how I'm supposed to insured my clients with them? On the other hand if similar plan premiums differ $100 a month or more I think many people without knowing it will get into their hands.
I am already filling the excitement. I'm looking forward to February.

What are you going to do with the people that need the larger PPO providers no longer available. I'm in Chicago - a ton of people want NW'rn, U of Chgo, Rush etc. 60% of the Drs are not in the smaller Choice PPO.

I'm hoping the big brand names step up price wise

I wouldn't worry about Lincoln going down. If they do the people will get special enrollment.

Ever heard of loss of coverage?

Try going to "User CP" then "Edit Options". At the bottom of the page, change to another state...save..logoff..log back on..change it back to Illinois, save it..and you should be OK.

Thank you Master :-)

----------

What are you going to do with the people that need the larger PPO providers no longer available. I'm in Chicago - a ton of people want NW'rn, U of Chgo, Rush etc. 60% of the Drs are not in the smaller Choice PPO.

I'm hoping the big brand names step up price wise

I wouldn't worry about Lincoln going down. If they do the people will get special enrollment.

Ever heard of loss of coverage?

What I would be worry about is not SEP but who would pay past claims? Do you guys know if Land of Lincoln is covered by Illinois Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association?

The lack of Doctors and Hospitals in Choice PPO is a pain. However one may stipulate that it is only a matter of time to see some of current Broad PPO providers change their mind and add themselves to Choice PPO. Reason? To keep their current patients on book.

I have Drs, therapists etc. as clients

They're not interested in the lower reimb rates of Choice - they've been spoiled and are already too busy anyway

Remember this: around 91% of the biz is Grp, which is unaffected

That leaves 9%. Of that - let's say about 1/2 of BC's Indiv members are PPO -with a 60% market share in IL.

Now we're down to about 3% of all patients

Why open the flood gates just for some low paying patients that may well pay full boat anyway.

I'd be as happy to keep them out as BC is to get rid of the huge loss making PPO.

The concierge Drs are all happy - same thing

BC priced it wrong to begin with, oh well.

Can anyone speak up for Aetna as an alternative - they've come up 3x today

Thanks!

Hey allen who did you sign up with Land of Lincoln with because my IMO is taking forever to get that contracting to me.

October 14, 2015

LOLH has shut down agent contracting. You're now asked to join a waiting list.
Ref: https://www.landoflincolnhealth.org/brokers/get-appointed/

I hope it's because they're expecting a ton of online enrollments during 2016 Open Enrollment and don't want to overtax their staff. And not because....

Glad I contracted long ago...

BTW, the Northshore Hospital group in Chicago's north lakefront suburbs (Evanston etc.) mentions LLH on their insurance we accept page - as basically the only PPO they're taking. They also mention Humana National(?) but we know they pulled their PPO off IL Indiv too.

I take that as an endorsement - must have come after doing due diligence, ability to pay.

The biggest problem I'm having with the BCBS PPO people are talking therapy providers - 'some' are signing up for Choice but many will be making their patients self-pay.

Received yesterday from our GA:

Land of Lincoln Terminates Partnership with General Agencies for 2016

Land of Lincoln Health (LLH) is terminating its partnership with (XXX) as of Jan. 1, 2016. For the remainder of 2015, LLH will not be accepting any new business, group or individual.

Land of Lincoln is not contracting any new brokers.

If you are currently contracted with Land of Lincoln Health, you will be able to sell their 2016 products, but will have to work directly with LLH for information on sales, products, quoting and enrollment.

While the news isn't good for GA's, at least we now know that LOLH plans on being in the 2016 market.. hopefully with the same wide PPO network(s).

Back