Large Wire House Brokers

jasperjohns

Super Genius
Florida
After 12 years of having my own RIA I had my 1st & 2nd outgoing ACATS ever occur this month. We use model portfolios (Comprised of ETFs) and they have outperformed the market slightly in all YTD and 12 month rolling calculations. One went to Ameriprise and the other to Merrill. The account that went to Ameriprise was a newly inherited client so it didn't really prick my ego. That said are any other independents seeing wire houses actually competing for client assets again? The fees are so much higher and service so much less than what clients get from me I never thought it would happen. I cannot get the clients to return my calls to determine what occurred. These were AUM clients only not annuity clients. Is this likely a one off or are others seeing this occur in their own practices as well? Very interested to hear what everyone else is experiencing.

No other major changes.....same office, same service, same platforms emoney, netex360 actual financial plans discussed quarterly.....still shocked.

Back