An Open Question for Certified Financial Planners[?]

Other than the obvious answer [you make a commission] Why do Some Financial Planners sell their clients Life Insurance policies?

Yes, many/most clients may need life insurance, but why are you the correct one to sell it to them?

Totally interested in various CFPs and why they do it this way.

Some "financial planners" actually do comprehensive financial planning, and others are discipline-focused (investments or life insurance). The former will address and place life insurance. With the latter, a wire-house professional, who may refer to themselves as a financial planner (although they may or may not be allowed to vis a vis compliance, designations, etc.) may simply just focus on investments, and may not sell life insurance, only "discuss" life insurance ancillarily, or not even at all. I know CFP's at wire-houses who sell it, don't and discuss it, and who don't discuss it at all, which I personally think is negligent.

Please allow me to qualify my question a bit: Why do CFPs that mostly provide true financial planning advice also sell life insurance?

Not, why you life insurance agents that go out and get a CFP sell life insurance?

Does that make sense?

Because they truly provide financial planning. In addition, many life insurance professionals have a CFP and obviously they sell life insurance.

Back