Leads Buying Warnings

For those wishing to purchase leads in high volume but not wanting to spend a grand a week, I highly recommend Stellar Prospects or Aged Leads. I always spend a fraction of the money as opposed to real time leads, and I end up getting a better ROI anyway.

I've been trying to collect information from agents regarding leads - trying to find patterns, trying to see if one lead vendor really is better than another, etc...

I guessed there would be something interesting to publish. There isn't.

It's hard to say "XYZ vendor" has "bad leads" when I'm on the phone with agents who are working those leads successfully and doing quite well.

To try and compile my surveys - about 82% of all agents who are actively writing business work internet leads. Other methods such as telemarketing, BtoB, post cards, etc...are taught but they are seldom used methods.

Where it really gets complex is when one solid agent working "XYZ leads" does great and another successful agent tells me "XYZ leads? Horrible. I use ABC leads and they're just fine."

But go back to the other agent and hear this; "Oh, ABC leads? Tried them - all bogus, simply horrible which is why I stick with XYZ."

Two agents, both successfully working leads have the opposite experience with the same vendor along the same line of insurance.

+1

Crabcake...you hit the NAIL on the HEAD with your analysis here. It is good to hear it as I/we keep preaching it.

Persistent, duplicatable Processes. You really can teach just about anyone with a personality to be successful doing this. But 1-2 leads/day/week....you'll never make it with a marketing budget like that. Thus why we tell agents they'd be better off spending their $$ elsewhere if that is all the budget they have.

Good comments. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Been hearing lots of not so nice stuff when it comes to buying leads. That's why I prefer creating my own leads. Takes time but the results are worth it as you'll end up with a quality, targeted and exclusive list.

I'm in your same boat. I wasted over $4,800 before I finally realized they never close since they are shared and recycled. I finally put money into a custom website and SEO campaign and I love the returns I get on that because they come directly to me and I can work them a lot faster. Just a thought.

gbbeng1, read this,
your are supplied with the contacts name, home address, age, date of birth, income, type of dwelling, home value, length of residence and home or cell numbers, so that you may contact them directly. all of our files are scrubbed against the national-do-not-call registry.
We are prepared to make your initial file cost effective so you can see how our files can support your growing business. Today you can contact 100 people on our file for only $299.95.
Due to the high success rate of this file we provide the following promises:
  1. 100% connect rate.
  2. we provide you with a 6 month industry wide exclusive on the file. Names are never sold to more than one agent.
  3. we feel so confident in our files that we are offering our clients a 30 day trial. If you do not sit with at least 12 individuals per 100 prospects over a 30 day period, we will unconditionally provide you with a full replacement of your order providing you with a fresh file.
i have been very successful in working with many agents and helping them increase their life ins, long term care and annuity sales. These file are limited, time sensitive and currently available in your area. If you feel this can fit into your marketing program or have any questions, you may contact me directly by phone at 855-235-0871 ext. 4003 or reply to this email. I look forward to assisting you with your marketing efforts.
I am not going to waste any of my time with you, so if you don't believe that i have 9 other warranties or guarantees, thats fine. I simply wanted to warn other agents about these companies. Sorry about your sour grapes!

thank you for your post!! I am researching one that you mentioned!

Hilarious!, this thread is 4 years old. Although I do see constant hiring ads on LinkedIn from Hakim...

Is Hakim still around? He was a regular on here for a couple of years. He was a lot like Tom except he really tried out all of his ideas. But he was always ready, shoot, aim.

If you are not satisfied with your current lead generation company you should buy leads from mobile fused. I have bought links from it and all leads are working. You should check following points before buying leads from lead generation company.

• What is the minimum purchase?
• How do they collect and update information?
• How are titles assigned?
• How complete is each record?
• Have the sales leads been given the option to opt-out - or to opt-in?
• What is your Call-to-Action?
• How will they manage your current list?
• Do they have a return policy for inaccurate sales leads?

Back