Learning ACA

That’s a tragedy what Josh is doing . His system s stealing Aor’s and screwing people up . He’s not even talking to anyone and has a disclosure at the bottom they’ll use the lowest income to get the cheapest plan . Then says if income wrong contact them in 30 days to change . My lord people unknowingly will be getting big tax bills from the irs . That’s bs and wrong . People on aca groups going wild on them

I get the IRS issue to an extent, but isnt it still on the person to disclose the proper income either way? Are you saying his system encourages them to under report?

And how is his system stealing AORs? If a person decides to use a certain agents website, thats not stealing clients. Thats competition.

Last edited:
That’s a tragedy what Josh is doing . His system s stealing Aor’s and screwing people up . He’s not even talking to anyone and has a disclosure at the bottom they’ll use the lowest income to get the cheapest plan . Then says if income wrong contact them in 30 days to change . My lord people unknowingly will be getting big tax bills from the irs . That’s bs and wrong . People on aca groups going wild on them

Ok, so to set the record straight, somehow we got lumped in with what some others are doing.

We are not cold enrolling people directly off the ads.

Once they fill out the ad, they drop into Autopilot and we double confirm by text/email, then we get their income, then we have them fill out a long form survey that gets their dependents, employer, doctors etc.

Are we still doing a bunch of AOR changes? Yes.

There’s literally 1000s and 1000s of these type of ads on the Facebook Ads Library.

That’s we run ads on TikTok and soon to roll out Bing and Google Search and our SEO Coreg leads.

I get the IRS issue to an extent, but isnt it still on the person to disclose the proper income either way? Are you saying his system encourages them to under report?

And how is his system stealing AORs? If a person decides to use a certain agents website, thats not stealing clients. Thats competition.

There’s definitely no one in our system going in and underreporting incomes.

If they are, and I knew about it, they’d be kicked in a heartbeat.

An agent of ours messaged me today asking about this exact situation.

The thing about the internet is that people can just about say anything they want with little to no recourse.

What am I going to do? Sue somebody for libel and slander?

Right… cost more in legal fees than it’s worth.

Attachments

• 3FA62E26-11BA-4C8F-A15B-810700CCC2FF.jpeg
    3FA62E26-11BA-4C8F-A15B-810700CCC2FF.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
Seems like you are selling or targeting FREE plans only, and your agent was "lost" and didn't know what to do with a middle income prospect

That sets up for a lot of agents to making the income numbers work to get them that FREE plan, with no recourse until that client files taxes a year from now. What about that free $500 debit card from Ambetter? You advertising that one too?

Seems like you are selling or targeting FREE plans only, and your agent was "lost" and didn't know what to do with a middle income prospect

That sets up for a lot of agents to making the income numbers work to get them that FREE plan, with no recourse until that client files taxes a year from now. What about that free $500 debit card from Ambetter? You advertising that one too?

Yes, we target the lower income peeps for $0 ACA plans.

We run 11 training zooms a week and there's always someone new in there asking about "what if their income is too high??"

So we tell them explicitly to NEVER lower their income as that would create a tax liability.

They can offer UW health policies if they want.

So we tell them explicitly to NEVER lower their income as that would create a tax liability.
And all of these young and hungry agents are going to do exactly that?

You and I know that simply ain't going to happen. Dude, it's the IRS.

Better check your E&O. It's coming.

I'm a bit behind on checking this part of the forum (its the spring-I'm vacationing a bunch).

First, Ambetter wants (use to want?) X number of policies, so I use Sherp for my FMO. And I have a whopping 2 people with them.

Second, you are PROJECTING income. If I have a client within $1K of a CSR $3K OOP, that conversation happens. With an explanation of the True-Up.

Tahoe Ray...send me a PM if you want to chat about how to start an ACA business.

Back