Legitimate individual MEC plans dead? Searched forum, can't find info

Do you tell clients to lie because no one will enforce the rules?
No, I am not an "advocate for dishonesty." My words are true. I speak the truth. If the lawyer say, I think the judge will drop the charges. The lawyer is saying what he thinks at that time. Likewise, based on prior experience, I "think the rules might not be enforced."

Without being pro or con the CHM plans, my question is actually are there any other plans, such as the MEC plans used by large companies available for individuals.

Without being pro or con the CHM plans, my question is actually are there any other plans, such as the MEC plans used by large companies available for individuals.

Try to use the term MEC or spell out the words. Avoid using the term "MEC plans." I was reminded by someone on this site that our clients, potential clients or visitors to the site might think this is a "Bronze Plan." Simply put, the Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) is a list of services that the Non-Insurance companies must provide to be "ACA compliant. " If the Non-Insurance company plans are ACA compliant, their members do not have to pay the (mandate fee or tax penalty).Keep in mind that it is IRS that collects the fee. The Non-Insurance companies apply for tax-exempt status (IRS code 501C3) with the IRS.

I provided some background information, because this is a very complex question. The Non-Insurance companies are usually Non-profit companies.The large Insurance companies are mostly For-profit companies. The large Insurance companies can not have a Non-profit and a For-profit tax status at the same time. This is makes it difficult for the For-profit companies to provide MEC coverage. The IRS rules presents a challenge for the large Insurance companies.

Moreover, the large Insurance companies do not want to "sell a Non-Insurance product," and then say they are an " Insurance company." Large Insurance companies are slowly making adjustments. They are making partnerships with with Non-Insurance companies. The hospitals are also making partnerships with No-Insurance companies.

The Non-Insurance companies are going to grow and eventually get bigger. Large For-profit insurance companies have a huge problem. The health care markets are very unstable due to the political environment. Now, there are plans that meet the MEC requirements for individuals. Make sure that the plan is approved by your state. Use these plans only as a last option, that will meet your clients needs. Be careful and make sure you read the contract and the all the fine print. Your license is worth more than a million dollars. Aliera Healthcare is a company that does offer MEC coverage for individuals. I will also search for you to find out if other companies offer this type of coverage. I will have answer for you tomorrow.

Back