Let the Death Spiral Begin

Lots of mushrooms grow wild up that way..... just sayin....

Seriously though, I do understand the humanistic element of wanting to make sure the sick people get medical care. Unfortunately, that is more of a healthcare problem and not as much a health insurance problem.

Too bad our government who is reforming health insurance knows nothing about health insurance....

Obamacare is about intentions, not results.

If anyone can find the chart that Ann H references in this thread, i.e. the chart illustrating when subsidies disappear for each state, will you please re-post on this thread? Thanks!!

1/15/2014 TRUE OR FALSE?

The risk of a "death spiral" is over. The Kaiser Family Foundation estimates that if the market's age distribution freezes at its current level -- an extremely unlikely scenario -- "overall costs in individual market plans would be about 2.4% higher than premium revenues." So, in theory, premiums costs might rise by a few percentage points. That's a problem, but it's nothing even in the neighborhood of a death spiral.

The death of Obamacare’s death spiral
ac

Age distribution is pretty much meaningless. It's great to assume the young invincibles are mostly healthy, but they are also the ones who are more likely to get pregnant or engage in risky behavior. I think the carriers are going to look at the first 90 days worth of claims and say oh sheeet.

Ezra Klein has a great spin that always seems to wind up far left of center. The facts will come out very soon.

Back