Level Coverege for Atrial Fibrillation

OFP knows his underwriting -- definitely take his product selections to heart.

Thanks Rearden. When I first got my carriers I combed over the apps looking for strengths and weaknesses. I then called underwriting and started running scenarios past them in order to get a feel for certain cases.

It doesn't always work though.

I wrote a policy on 73F NT that has diabetes and uses a Levimir Flex Pen. I knew that Monumental will accept the Flex Pen Preferred. I checked all the other meds and everything was kosher.

I check on the agent net info a few days later and they are showing MIB hits for Coreg, COPD, and Insulin Dependant Diabetes.

I called and spoke with underwriting and said that was the wrong person but gave them the Dr.'s info anyway since they wanted to pull Med Records.

Monumental emails me back saying that she had changed Dr.'s and needed the most current Dr.

Now I'm kind of fed up since this case is $160 month. So yesterday I drove back to the woman's home three hours away and wrote her with RNA.

RNA also got the MIB hit and asked her the pertaining questions again and after which said, "OK, You're approved."

I guess that's what I get for trying to save the client four bucks a month which was the difference between Monumental and RNA. Lesson Learned.

Thanks Rearden. When I first got my carriers I combed over the apps looking for strengths and weaknesses. I then called underwriting and started running scenarios past them in order to get a feel for certain cases.

It doesn't always work though.

I wrote a policy on 73F NT that has diabetes and uses a Levimir Flex Pen. I knew that Monumental will accept the Flex Pen Preferred. I checked all the other meds and everything was kosher.

I check on the agent net info a few days later and they are showing MIB hits for Coreg, COPD, and Insulin Dependant Diabetes.

I called and spoke with underwriting and said that was the wrong person but gave them the Dr.'s info anyway since they wanted to pull Med Records.

Monumental emails me back saying that she had changed Dr.'s and needed the most current Dr.

Now I'm kind of fed up since this case is $160 month. So yesterday I drove back to the woman's home three hours away and wrote her with RNA.

RNA also got the MIB hit and asked her the pertaining questions again and after which said, "OK, You're approved."

I guess that's what I get for trying to save the client four bucks a month which was the difference between Monumental and RNA. Lesson Learned.

Levemir is insulin. If one is taking insulin they are "insulin diabetic".

Levemir® (insulin detemir [rDNA origin] injection) Once-Daily Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes

DUH!!!!
But if you know the Monumental Rx Guide then you would know that Monumental doesn't think that a LEVIMER FLex pen as insulin. It is PREFERRED!!!!!!

DUDE!! Before you start knocking my underwriting knowledge why not try and look at the Rx guide first.

easy there...just giving an explanation about the MIB hit, "insulin dependent diabetic"...not knocking you or your knowledge.

easy there...just giving an explanation about the MIB hit, "insulin dependent diabetic"...not knocking you or your knowledge.

Sorry to be so gruff. I'm just really tired, haven't had anything to eat all day and in a hotel room three hours from home.

I just got back from getting something to eat so I feel a little better.

----------

Is that in the Rx Guide or the TA Agent Guide?

Rx Guide,

Levemir Insulin Dependent Diabetes/Type 1 Within 2 yrs- Std Over 2 yrs- Preferred

Sorry to be so gruff. I'm just really tired, haven't had anything to eat all day and in a hotel room three hours from

No worries. You tell it like it is and always offer to help with your knowledge, you can be as gruff as you want and I will still value your input. I've learned plenty from your posts, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Back