Liars!

Congrats, Joe! Glad that you were able to get up and running. Commercial is a different beast than other things; where are you going to learn how to write things properly? Are your underwriters training you or did you find another resource to go to?

Mainly underwriters and a great source of an insurance agent. Hes been in the business over 30 years and hes been such a help. I do have questions that come up, but when hes not there to answer, i simply state my doubt to my underwriter until I fully understand it.

One way I like to say it is could you please explain "this topic" so that an 8th grader would understand? its funny, but it simplifies things and my underwritiers usually laugh and now its a little joke we have.

Yes you are right I am selling P&C.

My marketing is free, I heavily rely on word of mouth and just going up to people and talking to them.

I do use sales pitch or try to place pressure on them, I simply try and find a common ground with them and when the conversation is whinding down or if they ask what I do, i take full advantage of that oppurtunity and tell them what I do, how i love doing it, and how I can help them if they give me a chance. Most say No but the more NO you hear the easier it is to talk to new people.

however, I do spend some money on the rewards for referrals. I do all my desiging biz cards, tri-folds, postcards, etc through

uprinting.com

they have an awesome plug and play template software that u can add your logo and move any type of text around to how you like your cards or designs to look.

My most popular "referral getter" is an incentive of $50 gas card or $50 "pick any restaurant" gift card for you and a loved one, or yourself lol

As for underwriters, you could not press this issue any harder, they are the most important things in your life when it comes to writing your insurance. I always make an effort to be nice and talk about things they like because insurance can be very boring and the underwriting questions for that policy can be very stringent and annoying. I like to lighten up the mood and talk about other things that brings smile to their face, in other words, just be yourself. treat them like a friend, but hold a high regard of respect and pretty much those underwriters will bend over backwards for you.

I love my job and I would encourage anyone to do this. This business is extremely lucrative and can be very easy. Gather the info, send it out to the carrier, have a convo with the underwriter, bind the policy, and bam! wait for the commission check to come in.

If you have any questions just let me know I definitely want to help any one that needs it. I hated some of the responses that I received, even to the point they made me question my career decision and I do not want anyone going through that

cudos to you :1cute:

Did you start with office and staff or are you running a home office?

What kind of background do u have in insurance ?

Did you start with office and staff or are you running a home office?

What kind of background do u have in insurance ?

One man crew and I have a home office with just a computer, dual monitors, printer, internet fax, and a pdf editor program called NitroPDF

Nitro is unbelievable! I drag and drop any pdf into it and it becomes fully editable and I can type anywhere, add electronic signatures to accords, make the pdf fillable for clients, and everything in between.

it works miracles and saves me from every sending handwritten paperwork to clients or carriers

and a skype office line that forwards to my cell. it was 90 bucks for a custom number and unlimited minutes for the whole year. When i want to get fancy I downloaded a program called, callnote and evernote and that records my skype calls through my comp/headset

Back