Libert Mutual Insurance

worme

I have been contacted by a recruiter. Offering $45000 to start. They pay for my P&C.Trianing in Florida for one week. Does anyone have any updated information?

45k last only a few months for training. Then it goes down. You get paid little to nothing on renewals. It is a great place to start your insurance career. Just get out before you get trapped.

I'm sure nycphil will hop on here soon & confirm.. But great training & start to the field. Just have a goal of getting out & opening your own place before you do get trapped

Base salary 23-28k depending which state you are in
Full benefits
401k match
All expenses are covered by company

I've been a Liberty Mutual agent for 3 years now!

Base salary 23-28k depending which state you are in
Full benefits
401k match
All expenses are covered by company

I've been a Liberty Mutual agent for 3 years now!

Looks like you are trapped. It's all about selling. Have a bad few months and you are done.

Looks like you are trapped. It's all about selling. Have a bad few months and you are done.

It seems like it would be. I've made pretty good money over the last few years. In the office that I work in there are people who have been here 15 years and wouldn't dream of working for anyone else!

It seems like it would be. I've made pretty good money over the last few years. In the office that I work in there are people who have been here 15 years and wouldn't dream of working for anyone else!

You must be in a good state. I my old office even the 15 year guys hated the place but couldn't afford to start over. If they gave you more on renewal it would be a lot better.

I'm sure nycphil will hop on here soon & confirm.. But great training & start to the field. Just have a goal of getting out & opening your own place before you do get trapped

Absolutely..

LM is an excellent place to learn the business. Training, salary, benefits, and incentives are the best in the industry.

However as many have said it is easy to get burned out. Each and every year you basically start all over and everything you've built the year before is meaningless. I've seen agents at LM with 2MM in business get laid off due to a lack of production even when they were producing a decent amount of business. His book was not transferable, LM owns it.

I've seen others make careers at LM in both sales and management however it wasn't for me.

If you're just getting started in insurance and have an opportunity at LM i would say it's a good option.

Last edited:
Absolutely..

LM is an excellent place to learn the business. Training, salary, benefits, and incentives are the best in the industry.

However as many have said it is easy to get burned out. Each and every year you basically start all over and everything you've built the year before is meaningless. I've seen agents at PM with 2MM in business get laid off due to a lack of production even when they were a decent amount of business. His book was not transferable, LM owns it.

I've seen others make careers at LM in both sales and management however it wasn't for me.

If you're just getting started in insurance and have an opportunity at LM i would say it's a good option.

How long were you with LM?

Back