Liberty /safeco Auto

IndieNoise makes another great point here.

Captive carriers have subsidiaries that have Indy products. Those products, those overrides, those base commissions , their competitiveness in the market, The Uniqueness of the products, typically infuriate the captives who compete against their own companies "other" products.

IndieNoise makes another great point here.

Captive carriers have subsidiaries that have Indy products. Those products, those overrides, those base commissions , their competitiveness in the market, The Uniqueness of the products, typically infuriate the captives who compete against their own companies "other" products.

Indeed.

I make more on a Foremost policy than a Farmers agent does.

That actually tickles my irony bone. It's about 15" past my funny bone, also known as the "third digit".

Foremost is one of many that come to mind.

How did you decide to become a bow tie guy. I have considered it.

On a bet during my Aflac days. One of my teammates made a wager that if I didn't write a bunch of policies I'd wear a bow tie out prospecting. The day I wore the tie more people talked to me than ever had before.

I soon found that it was easier to be "the bow tie guy" rather than having people butcher my last name into "areola".

That is great. In my mind Sales rule #1: Differentiate yourself immediately.

I do this by using my whole name. Shawn Michael Walker. and it happened much like your story. (Not exactly but something to that effect.)

Back