License Needed for Annuities

RonSmith1984

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just curious, I have my license in Florida to sell life and variable annuities. Does that restrict you to ONLY variable annuities or does it allow you to sell all forms of annuities?

I received my license a few months back as I was going to pursue a career in Final Expense but quickly realized I did not enjoy working with that specific clientele that the products were marketed to. (extremely poor, living in slums etc) So I quickly backed out as I knew I would be miserable. I think Annuities may be a better fit.
Thanks for the feedback.

In most states, your life license is all that is needed to sell non-variable annuities. Many states now require extra CE credits as well. The variable license is required to sell variable life and annuities.

I can't speak to Florida directly, but I am not aware of any state in which you would be able to sell a variable annuity and not a fixed or indexed annuity.

I do believe a few states have a separate annuity license. You should check with the Florida Department of Insurance for their exact rules. But again, I can't imagine a state letting you sell the more regulated product, variable annuity, and not the less regulated product, fixed or indexed annuities.

Back