Licensing Question

NoobProducer

Hello everyone! I just passed my NJ Life Producer exam today and I am excited to get my license! However, Identigo is fully booked and the earliest I can get an appointment is in two weeks. I was wondering, would I still be able to submit an application to NIPR before I get my fingerprinting done? Or will the application be rejected until I am fingerprinted? I just wonder because I don't want to have to repay the application fee if it gets rejected prior to being fingerprinted.

I would assume it would just pend until the requirement is met, then move to approved once fingerprinting is done.

But it's been over 10 years since I got an initial license... and it wasn't NJ.

I would assume it would just pend until the requirement is met, then move to approved once fingerprinting is done.

But it's been over 10 years since I got an initial license... and it wasn't NJ.

That's what I was thinking too but I don't wanna take chances on having to do a whole new application if this one gets denied. I emailed NIPR support to see what they say.

I don't have a sponsor and haven't been hired as an insurance rep yet. Is a sponsor required to get a license? I didn't read about this in the licensing requirements page.

May be different in your state. Some states require a sponsoring carrier or IMO

May be different in your state. Some states require a sponsoring carrier or IMO

Ahh yes probably each state has different licensure requirements. NJ just requires you to have a clean background, pass a prelicensure course, pass the exam, and get fingerprinted. I was bummed out when I saw there weren't any fingerprint appointments for this week or next week. I am very ecstatic that I passed on the first try but I want that license in my hand! However, I was granted a temporary permit upon passing my test, so technically I am a producer right now but that permit only lasts till September. The temporary permit does mention a sponsor but from what I've seen, a sponsor isn't needed for permanent licensure, only if I wanted to work with the temporary permit.

Back