Life and Disability Vs Property and Casualty

Ioana

I just passed life and health and have not started yet the property and casualty license prep. An agent told me that property and casualty will be more dificult to pass. Is that true? What was your experience while comparing the two?

Why are you pursuing both licenses?
What was your goal when you decided to get into the insurance industry?

I just passed life and health and have not started yet the property and casualty license prep. An agent told me that property and casualty will be more dificult to pass. Is that true? What was your experience while comparing the two?

I did both in NY and the P&C was more difficult than the L&H. I didn't find either one overly difficult, but L&H seemed to make more sense.

I did both in NY and the P&C was more difficult than the L&H. I didn't find either one overly difficult, but L&H seemed to make more sense.

I took about 2 weeks to learn for L&H. How long would you recommend for P&C?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why are you pursuing both licenses?
What was your goal when you decided to get into the insurance industry?

Well I was going to work for an agency that wanted me to have L&H and then decided to start with a different one that wanted me to have P&C . Lucky me ....

Last edited:
I learned enough for the L&H over a 2 day weekend...I have attempted P&C (reading the book 3 times) I swear I fall asleep every time I hit the inland marine insurance.

Omg, I just joined so I could say how glad I am that I am not the only one having a hard time. I thought maybe I got dumb, lol. Glad to know that others find P & C hard too.

I have worked in the insurance field for 12 years, unfortunately I took a break of 5 yrs awhile back and had to RETAKE my p&c and l&h. Never ever give up your licenses...back then the agency owned your license in PA, now you own your own. Both times I took P&C I passed very first time, First time I took life&health, I failed 3 times! I just didn't get the concepts. Then I passed by the skin of my teeth. lol. The second time around for life and health my new agent sent me to a 2 day immersion course in Philadelphia where you cram for 2 days and take the test the very next day. I passed....barely. It makes me laugh, because I now sell more life insurance than P&C ?!?! Good luck !

Back