Life is Good . . .

I actually agree. I can totally respect Somarco's business model, and have nothing against it.

What I do have a problem with, is when certain medsupp only agents refuse to acknowledge there is a legitimate need that MAPD fills. and as a result end up trashing the product, and scaring folks into a product that ain't right for them.

It gives our industry a bad name.

There are a few in my area that are too lazy to do the training or else are financial advisors or P&C agents so don’t have the time or desire to offer anything but a Mutual Med Sup. Their only defense is to bash MA plans and boy do they even though they know nothing about them, it’s the only way to get clients to sign up. Good thing is after a few years of rate increases I end up getting them anyway. They are usually pissed they weren’t shown all their options when they first turned 65.

There are a few in my area that are too lazy to do the training or else are financial advisors or P&C agents so don’t have the time or desire to offer anything but a Mutual Med Sup. Their only defense is to bash MA plans and boy do they even though they know nothing about them, it’s the only way to get clients to sign up. Good thing is after a few years of rate increases I end up getting them anyway. They are usually pissed they weren’t shown all their options when they first turned 65.
I have a high producing Bankers Life office near me that is good for that reason as well:D

At least he will continue to get his renewals once he gets ready to retire or his family will receive them after he dies. MAPD guys are not guaranteed that.
I do both Med Supp and MAPD. My wife and son are licensed. Not that difficult. If I kick the bucket, they will be fine.

Back