LifeLock is Having to Refund Customers Money

The absolute best protection is to do a "security freeze" with all 3 credit bureaus.

You are 100% correct.. It is only $10 per bureau, and you can temporarily remove it anytime you want. In Virginia they have to let you make changes for free.

I have a freeze on all of my bureaus, and sometimes forget to remove them when I need for people to see my credit, like contracting with an insurance carrier, but it can be removed in a matter of a few minutes.

I did the opt out of mailings thing I found on the bureau's website. Where I no longer get offers. I was afraid of someone stealing my mail and applying for something.

Can you link us or tell us how to do this? Do we just call them and ask them for this service?

You are 100% correct.. It is only $10 per bureau, and you can temporarily remove it anytime you want. In Virginia they have to let you make changes for free.

I have a freeze on all of my bureaus, and sometimes forget to remove them when I need for people to see my credit, like contracting with an insurance carrier, but it can be removed in a matter of a few minutes.

That is true have the same thing here with my credit reports..Sounds like LifeLock needs to be changed to something else.

I did the opt out of mailings thing I found on the bureau's website. Where I no longer get offers. I was afraid of someone stealing my mail and applying for something.

Can you link us or tell us how to do this? Do we just call them and ask them for this service?

You have to call all 3 bureaus and request a security freeze. They'll also give you a code to unfreeze your credit if you need to apply for credit. Save this code!

How long can you get the freeze for? Or is it permanant until removed?

How long can you get the freeze for? Or is it permanant until removed?

Permanent until removed or unfrozen. I've used credit freeze about 8 yrs. now.

All those things you see being advertised about "credit protection" are junk. They only help you AFTER someone opens a credit card in your name.

Credit freeze protects you BEFORE some tries to open a credit card in your name.

You should share the "credit freeze" info with everyone who is dear to you.

I guess Rick will accuse me of spamming again.

Last edited:

You should never have to pay a company to keep them from making your own personal information available.

In fact, you should charge those companies for the privilege of maintaining YOUR information in their computer system.

Just like the airport security mess, if enough people would wise up to this crap and stop taking it, things would change.

Credit bureaus are private companies that make a killing selling people's private information.

Think about that.
:no:

Back