Lincoln Heritage

What would have become of Star Wars if George Lucas had Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Hans Solo but left out Darth Vader?:SLEEP:

That's right! Drinking the haterade before posting on the forum definitely creates and interesting and enjoyable read!

Last edited:
If you're a new agent.. 100% com is standard your first year.. your upline is making 30+ points on your production... if you write 60k+ your first year you ask for 110 and nothing less..then get up to 120%.. thats the standard for 70k+ agents... .. if they balk.. get out... Dont get jammed from greedy IMO's ..Go independent and don't let them interview you.. You interview THEM

Can you lose renewals? Yes. And they make it clear what not to do before your appointment . So just don't do what they ask. And what they ask, is not to entice a policy holder to cancel . And if you're a manager don't entice an agent to terminate their relationship with them . And to pay your debt off in a year. I've know plenty who have lost all renewals . And I know an equal amount that have been getting paid long after they left.

Let's also add in that they stop paying you renewals if they go below $250 per month...or at least they used to. Has that changed?

Let's also add in that they stop paying you renewals if they go below $250 per month...or at least they used to. Has that changed?

It depends on the imo. Mine is set at $150. That's for inactive agents . If you are active you would get paid no matter what the amount.

I haven't posted in quite some time. But maybe I can clarify a few things..

I've been sending business to Lincoln for about 13 years. I've mainly worked with them the whole time. To be honest they aren't specifically captive . They don't go around checking to see what companies you have. It's up to the IMO . And all the imos prefer to have captive agents . Obviously because they want to make money on all your business. Which most imos do I imagine.

I don't terminate any agents for having any other appointments . But it is a concern . Lincoln offers leads and finances them . So it wouldn't be beneficial to send those leads to someone and pay for them upfront just so I can not make any money from their business.

Is it possible to get terminated without cause? Sure. Each and every agent on this forum could have their contracts or appointments terminated for whatever reason. We're independent contractors.

Just like you as a home owner can fire a plumber mid way through a job because he smells. They don't need a reason . They just have to not want to work with you anymore.

Can you lose renewals? Yes. And they make it clear what not to do before your appointment . So just don't do what they ask. And what they ask, is not to entice a policy holder to cancel . And if you're a manager don't entice an agent to terminate their relationship with them . And to pay your debt off in a year. I've know plenty who have lost all renewals . And I know an equal amount that have been getting paid long after they left.

You do get a low starting comp with most Lincoln imos. And that's for the leads, financing, and training. And that's completely up to your upline what you start with. Just like any IMO. So obviously choose wisely. You are certainly not forced to take expensive leads .But most managers want you to because they know you will sell. You can generate leads how ever you want though.

If I were to honesty guess why some forum members here hate Lincoln?

Rates are high and agents here are genuinely offended they sell a product at a higher cost than most.

There have been some obnoxious agents and managers that have gotten on here and bragged about ap and income.

And maybe because they have ran into a bunk agent that did some clean sheeting. Which is really common in the siwl business.

And because lots of people recruit and if you don't do it their way you're stupid.

I concur with your thoughts on Lincoln Heritage and your experiences. I too have been sending business to Lincoln Heritage for a long time. I have used other carriers, but in large measure it is getting more and more difficult to do as their customer service has deteriorated to great depths. Lincoln Heritage has the best customer service of all final expense carriers in my opinion. The price may be a bit higher, but price is way overrated with many agents on this forum. The old saying that you get exactly what you pay for is true.

I concur with your thoughts on Lincoln Heritage and your experiences. I too have been sending business to Lincoln Heritage for a long time. I have used other carriers, but in large measure it is getting more and more difficult to do as their customer service has deteriorated to great depths. Lincoln Heritage has the best customer service of all final expense carriers in my opinion. The price may be a bit higher, but price is way overrated with many agents on this forum. The old saying that you get exactly what you pay for is true.

I am not a fan... had one to many people tell me one thing and do another when it came to my brief non-captive time selling for LH. I will admit though, at the time, some 5 to 7 years ago, they had very good customer service and you could almost always reach someone when you needed to.

My biggest concern with all the companies I write with is... agent services. If you won't treat an agent of your company with proper respect and prompt service... you won't treat your clients well either... and you don't need me as an agent.

Back