LinkedIn Ads, anyone with experience ?

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
Anyone have experience with LinkedIn ads instead of google or fb? I know they have revamped their ad platform within the past few years. Just curious how it compared in results for our industry?

I like the search targeting of google. But LI lets you target very specific demographics based on career and other factors.

Any first hand experience? Or second?

I have not tried LI ads but I do get a FEW new clients from time to time due to LI posts and articles. At first it was a novelty with me but when I started getting calls trickling in I kicked up the game a bit. I also found one of my articles near the top of page 1 in a KW Google search.

It seems most of the LI crowd is under 65 and still working . . . not exactly prime territory for Medicare stuff. But at $0 cost to me other than my time, I might as well continue what I am doing.

I suspect if you are targeting folks for financial planning, estate planning, retirement planning, DI and LTCi you might not strike gold but it is worth a shot.

I have not tried LI ads but I do get a FEW new clients from time to time due to LI posts and articles. At first it was a novelty with me but when I started getting calls trickling in I kicked up the game a bit. I also found one of my articles near the top of page 1 in a KW Google search.

It seems most of the LI crowd is under 65 and still working . . . not exactly prime territory for Medicare stuff. But at $0 cost to me other than my time, I might as well continue what I am doing.

I suspect if you are targeting folks for financial planning, estate planning, retirement planning, DI and LTCi you might not strike gold but it is worth a shot.

Thanks for the feedback. Im not really active on linkedin either. Maybe I need to increase my presence more.

For your situation, I have heard that plenty of retired people are still active on there to keep up with work associates and their former industry in general. So you might be surprised how many retirees are on there.

I use Linkedin extensively for rollovers.
1 If I run into a situation where there is a complicated pension and I get all the details, I look for who I know who also works there and who my friends know who works there.
2 Lets say there is a local news of layoffs. Like New Balance in Boston last month. I check my network to see who I know and who I can get introduced. I have no idea who on Linkedin is getting laid off. But anyone I can reach at New Balance is now more open to have a plan B. Sell term insurance before they get laid off. And then roll over the money if they loose their job.
3 Prospect is referred to me. I check linkedin profile. I know all the prior employers and I can estimate how much they would have accumulated in their retirement. I tailor my fact find questions to figure out where those potentially rollover money is.
4 Some companies allow inforce 401k rollovers. In Boston, Raytheon allows it. So anybody I add on Boston, I check to see who they know at Raytheon. Easy Money.
5 I am too lazy for medicare. But if I were to look for prospects, I would search graduates of class 1976 or 1975 now of any US university. They are prime medicare supplement prospects.
6 Using the same logic I look for people who are 58 years old. When they turn 59.5 most of their 401k is eligible for rollover. I try to get in front of them 1 year in advance.
7 This one anyone can do. You look at who has recommended your best clients and who they have publicly recommended. Anybody they recommended should be easy to get in front of with an introduction.

I am sure I have more Linkedin tricks.

No, I can not use Linkedin but I want some information about Linkedin article anyone can guide me?
Check with this guy.

5.jpg

Back