Lists?

kongsmasher

Expert
Where do you get your phone lists? All of my numbers are old people with land lines. Is there a cell phone list provider? Or list provider with age filters?

Unfortunately you cannot call cell phones with a dialer. If you are going to use Josh I would not recommend dialing by hand.

Cold Calling to Cell Phones is illegal - you need prior consent.

If doing Cold Calling for Insurance make sure your lists are scrubbed against the State, National and DMA Do Not Call List.

I'm not able to post the link, but feel free to go to the FCC . gov website

This is taken directly from there website:
Truth About Wireless Phones and the National Do-Not-Call List

You may be one of many consumers who have received emails saying you're about to be assaulted by unwanted telemarketing calls to your wireless phone. Rest assured that placing telemarketing calls to wireless phones is - and always has been - illegal in most cases.

So cold calling a list of cell phones you purchased with no opt in is illegal.

The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) (47 U.S.C. 227 , 47 CFR 64.1200) prohibits the use of an “automatic telephone dialing system” to contact “any telephone number assigned to a …cellular telephone service” without “express prior consent” from the party being called.

see quotes "automatic telephone dialing system". You can hand dial, obviously following the DNC laws.

The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) (47 U.S.C. 227 , 47 CFR 64.1200) prohibits the use of an “automatic telephone dialing system” to contact “any telephone number assigned to a …cellular telephone service” without “express prior consent” from the party being called.

see quotes "automatic telephone dialing system". You can hand dial, obviously following the DNC laws.

So can i hand dial land lines?

So can i hand dial land lines?

You can hand dial cell phones and land lines as long as they're scrubbed against the federal DNC.

You can use an ATDS (dialer/power dialer) to call land lines.

What you can't do is use any type of a dialing system to call a cell phone unless you have specific and documented evidence of their permission to do so.

Where do you get your phone lists? All of my numbers are old people with land lines. Is there a cell phone list provider? Or list provider with age filters?

I make my own on referenceusa, free with a library card, and its all online so i can do it in the convenience of my own home in my pj's, over the weekend when i cant do anything else productive. The choices are endless, you can sort by just about anything. (i think they use magazine subscription to come up with the data)
Heres the catch, you can only download or print 25 names at a time. And they have to get scrubbed. And after downloading 1000 names you will have 25 different excel files with crazy names.
What i do is copy and paste all the files into one. Make sure you name the file something that will remind you of what you used for searching (ie: age40, zip, search results 1-25 out of 4000 sorted alphebetcally).
Scrub numbers, i have to remove dashes and () which sux too, and it generates another excel sheet of numbers
Go back and hghlight dnc red.
Smile and dial.
It will take hours, so dont do it m-f between 9-9. You should be calling not fiddling about on lists. Do it on a sunday.
Good news, you only need to do it twice. You will fall onto a sale if you call enough, use that money to buy a list from josh.

Back