Live Transfers from digbga

I'll clarify everything.

For Live Transfers, there's 2 options:

1. $1000/week unlimited transfers. Average 15 minute wait times. Many agents are getting transfers for sub $22 if you work it full time. Full comp (110%).

2. Free Lead and reduced comp. It's a 90 day contract to get you to transition to full comp, but you can stay longer than 90 days if free lead/reduced comp is your thing. You're paid 50% directly by the carrier with renewals (25% on GI carriers and GTL)- so you own these clients and can service them well into the future when you're full comp. You also get to keep all your follow ups when you transition to full comp.

50% isn't a bad deal when the Agent is provided an audience.

You still onboard Agents on #2?

If so, what type of lead / transfer do they receive and how many per day?

You still onboard Agents on #2?

Nope. We stopped accepting agents in our free lead program recently. Risk/reward wasn't worth it in the end.

The successful agents currently in our free lead program doing well can take as many TV call ins as they want as long as they stay above a certain closing percentage.

First, I agree that telesales does not inherently mean you'll have lower persistency.

That said, when agents are considering advice from other agents on this forum, how much business the advising agent writes absolutely matters.

I'd never take advice from a life agent who issues 30k per year. Even if that agent had a 98% retention rate, I still wouldn't listen to them because their production is worthless.

However, if a life agent was issuing 200k per year, I'd listen to them all day even if their retention rate was 80%.

It's much harder to keep 500 people on the books compared to 50.

You've stated that you only do this business part-time. So to put your advice in the proper context, what are you issuing per month?
Then you might miss out on some good advice. Some of the most knowledge men I have known in the business were low personal producers. That includes some of the best managers in the business. Having knowledge, whether from experience or observation does not necessarily equate to success in the field.

Then you might miss out on some good advice. Some of the most knowledge men I have known in the business were low personal producers. That includes some of the best managers in the business. Having knowledge, whether from experience or observation does not necessarily equate to success in the field.

I have never found that to be true. Especially in the FE arena. I have never seen a high producer get trained by a low/non producer and go on to great success because of that training.

It's probably happened sometime? But I am thankful for those non producers that give their advice. I've learned a lot of what not to do from them. :1wink:

Why would you take advice on how to be successful in insurance from unsuccessful people?

Why would you take advice on how to be successful in insurance from unsuccessful people?
I had a manager that was one of the best closers I have ever seen. But, he wasn't a top personal producer becasue he just could not make himself prospect. He also had a lot of prospecting knowledge that he gained by observing others but he could not put it into effect. While his personal production was never exceptional his record as a manager was outstanding, always among the top managers in the company. when measured by production. The agents that listened to him and took his advice did well in the business.

On the other hand, I have known top producers that could not train or motivate others. Saw many of them enter into management only to fail out and take many agents with them.

Teaching and doing are two different skill sets. Many people excel at one without experiencing little more than mediocre sucess at the other. The ones thar are outstanding at both, such as Clement Stone are the true unicorns in the business.

I lasted 25 years with the big funeral chain over two decades in management and I trained many top producers and managers who became way better producers than I ever was. When I was younger and dumber if the week started on a Monday morning and I had a nice deal wrapped up by noon my boss probably knew I wouldn't show up again until Friday payday or the start of next week. I had talent as a producer but fishing was important, shooting pool, pitching horseshoes and playing like Madden 89 games and anything else more fun than work. Then as a manager I became a workaholic. As far as training people I never had a problem. The kissing a** part and politics, that just doesn't come natural to me and I would rather drink dirty bath water than corporate kool aid now but that is easier to say when babies aren't running around in diapers.

I do 100% agree being a great producer doesn’t mean your a great trainer . Training takes patience in addition to knowledge . I saw a video Matthew Murray uses for fe to present . It’s a flip chart with 7 lamanated pages . It’s really cool and would be super easy for any new person to learn . It essentially lists the 3 ways to be buried . Your money , $300 a month prepaid and a fe policy . They don’t Have the $10-$15 k ( check mark) , They don’t have the $300 a month ( check mark ) . Then he shows the fe at $70-$90, $100-$120, $130-$150 a month . So now they think compared to $300 that’s cheap . Of course you can always adjust to $50 or even less if need be . But the flip chart also has the different types of ins and several other things . It gives a new agent a road map .

JD I know you call for appts almost exclusively . You seen any difference since stir and shake ( call blocking software) went in effect ? Are you having harder time reaching people ? From what I understand if somebody presses a span blocker on a # it’s flagged as spam in the database .

Back