Looking at SL for FE home

I understand perfectly and I laid the simple math out for you in the post above. Do you really want to "save Ms. Jones the most $$$ you can"? If you do then you would use Sr Life bundled with legacy, it's a no brainer. Numbers don't lie.

You can keep twisting the numbers all you want. Your numbers DO lie!

Well Todd, I've reviewed the numbers again, and I have to ask you to show me exactly how my numbers are lying. Thank you in advance.

Already did. I'm really tired of playing this same old game with you. I've explained it ad nauseum to you and you just won't get it. You don't want to understand how you're screwing some of your clients over. You're never going to admit to it, so just go on about your way and keep doing what you do. Maybe one day you'll understand. I hope you won't feel so bad about it though. We're all ignorant of something. Sometimes it's by just not knowing...but sometimes is by now wanting to know. Either way, the results are the same.

You come on here all the time and never offer any valuable advice to agents other than trying to promote SL. Yet, for years you claimed you didn't recruit on here. Such a fricking lie!!

One thing I will leave you with to ponder. If you offer someone coverage for XXX face amount, and you also give them access to all those supposed savings for their funeral and you give them graded coverage when you could have gotten them full coverage with another company..and even 3-5K more in coverage for the same price....Well, go ahead and tell me how you helped them better than anyone else could?

And by the way, are you also giving them something in writing telling them all about the guarantee of those funeral discounts?

Last edited:
Already did. I'm really tired of playing this same old game with you. I've explained it ad nauseum to you and you just won't get it. You don't want to understand how you're screwing some of your clients over. You're never going to admit to it, so just go on about your way and keep doing what you do. Maybe one day you'll understand. I hope you won't feel so bad about it though. We're all ignorant of something. Sometimes it's by just not knowing...but sometimes is by now wanting to know. Either way, the results are the same.

You come on here all the time and never offer any valuable advice to agents other than trying to promote SL. Yet, for years you claimed you didn't recruit on here. Such a fricking lie!!

One thing I will leave you with to ponder. If you offer someone coverage for XXX face amount, and you also give them access to all those supposed savings for their funeral and you give them graded coverage when you could have gotten them full coverage with another company..and even 3-5K more in coverage for the same price....Well, go ahead and tell me how you helped them better than anyone else could?

And by the way, are you also giving them something in writing telling them all about the guarantee of those funeral discounts?

Todd....lol. You could have laid out some hard cold numbers to support your position in less time than it took you to type out your post.

You may have a point concerning someone that may have COPD. But for probably 80+% of the FE market you and I would give the same thing...immediate coverage or waiting period.

This 80% is where you don't show any numbers to support your position. I laid out the numbers to support my position but you can't do that for your position.

As you say "you just don't know what you refuse to know" or something like that.

You should lay some real numbers out here to show me where I'm wrong.

Things are different today with New York Life, Met Life, Combined and other career companies. I spent 9 years with New York Life. The general office I worked out of covered from south below Atlanta to Tallahassee. When I started with NYL in 1983 I couldn't get any training allowance because New York had a law that an agent with experience couldn't be paid more than 50% first year commission. I paid for my office rent, I answered the phone New Your Life and I paid the phone bill and my sign read New York Life so I didn't cost them anything. I qualified for quality council, executive council, led the office in Mutual Fund Commissions, appointed a health pro. To be a health pro you had to produce $10,000 in annual disability commission in a six month period of time. I got expanded non medical limits and a toll free number to an underwriter. Whoopee. I came into the office with the largest check payable to NYL my last year with them. I had a 63 year old woman write a check to NYL for $500,000 for a single premium life policy. My last year with them it was mid November and I was going to slow down and enjoy the holidays. I had exceeded the minimum production outlined in my contract. A new regional vice president took over the region and came by my office. (He was a jackass) He told me I had to agree in writing that from that date until April 1 would agree to write a minimum of $1,500 annual premium and minimum of 5 life apps. Not one but both requirements had to be met and I agreed that if I missed a month of 5 apps and $1,500 premim I would be terminated. I asked him to give me 5 minutes while I typed my resignation to be effective 1/1/1992. I wouldn't work with a career company again under any circumstances. You can be doing fine and a new VP or agency manager can come in and make your life miserable. After all I did in my 9 years the new VP didn't care less. He just wanted to make himself look good and move up the line. The only thing I regret is resigning. I should have said no I'm not going to agree with your terms so fire me.
The move by many by many companies from captives to independents started with Jackson National Life in 1970. By the time I went independent in 1975, there were plenty of companies to choose from, large and small. By 1980 even large captive companies like Metropolitan were contracting independent agents.. Soem kept their captive in house agents while contracting independents as a second sales channel.

And, you are certainly right about the danger an agent might find himself in with the change of upline management. That had a big influence on me in deciding to leave national Life and Accident and go on my own. My district manager was a great guy and his was the leading growth district in the company. He promoted me to staff manager one week and the next Monday he was not in the district. Come to find out he had been demoted back to a debit.. Didn't even offer him a staff opportunity. Our Regional Manager never liked him and he was being transferred to another region. His parting shot was to get rid of my manager. He had too many years with the company to walk away so he took the inner city debit he was offered. . I was never satisficed with the company after that.

Todd....lol. You could have laid out some hard cold numbers to support your position in less time than it took you to type out your post.

You may have a point concerning someone that may have COPD. But for probably 80+% of the FE market you and I would give the same thing...immediate coverage or waiting period.

This 80% is where you don't show any numbers to support your position. I laid out the numbers to support my position but you can't do that for your position.

As you say "you just don't know what you refuse to know" or something like that.

You should lay some real numbers out here to show me where I'm wrong.

Look, I've (we've) already given you the numbers but you still want to argue. Your ineptness is just not worth my time anymore. You want to act like you're clueless, then that is how I will treat you!

Look, I've (we've) already given you the numbers but you still want to argue. Your ineptness is just not worth my time anymore. You want to act like you're clueless, then that is how I will treat you!

Lol. I knew you couldn't provide the numbers for your position. I did though.

LMAO....you're such a tool!

Todd, I believe you have boxed yourself into a corner. You are not able to lay out any numbers to prove my point wrong. You've had plenty of opportunity to do this. The reason you don't show any numbers is because you can't. I rest my case.

Todd, I believe you have boxed yourself into a corner. You are not able to lay out any numbers to prove my point wrong. You've had plenty of opportunity to do this. The reason you don't show any numbers is because you can't. I rest my case.

That's just it...you never had a case. You just keep lying to yourself that you do, even when you've been shown all the holes in that thing you call a case! Such a tool.

Latest posts

Back