Loss of Subsidy = Loss of Insurance.

My COA per client is no where near that. I do zero marketing other than one post card mailing during AEP, a constant newspaper ad in the local rags, and the rest come from referrals. I'd say that north of 95% of my new clients were referred. I do no internet leads, no direct mail, no cold calling, all inbound request for insurance.

So all the marketing you did (direct mail/newspaper ads) was a waste of time and money essentially then, since 95% of new business came from referrals?

Not at all. If I get a 5% return by keeping my name in a paper and dropping one post card mailing during last AEP, that is GREAT in my world.

We ask every new client how they heard about us and they refer to the ad and that someone told them to come see us. Rarely does someone just walk in the door not having been previously been told to call us.

Either way you look at it, we are way beyond 300 new clients since Oct 1 2014, what ever is making them come in and call in, it works.

I know you are good at what you do but that is a very tough business model to sustain with all of the crap that goes on during the year...

Mostly def, on-exchange big PITA - that's putting it mildly, as everyone here can attest to.

Mostly def, on-exchange big PITA - that's putting it mildly, as everyone here can attest to.

I'm all referral so it's OK but I was meeting with a Medicare client today at a local watering hole and one of the bartenders he knows wants to get health insurance (he is uninsured)-I gave him my business card upon request but have no interest in helping the guy, it will lapse anyway and he doesn't qualify for a SEP.

Back