LTC for the Super Wealthy?

That's exactly where my idea came from. I had forgotten that. The CLTC course with Harley Gordon as instructor is the best money and time I have spent in this business. I highly recommend it.

What you've got up against with super wealthy are not the clients themselves but their other advisers and I know they all cry out in unison that LTCi is not for them.

They really do, and for the life of me, I've never understood why. Can somone exlain to me why they feel this way?

I had a conversation on the phone yesterday with someone who had requested information on LTCi. They told me that their "Money Manager" told them that they do not need LTCi. They had enough money and could self-insure.

Years ago I'd get into a pissing contest and try to convince them why they should look into a LTCi policy.

BUT.................
At the end of the converstion, who are they going to listen to; their "Money Manager" (or their CPA, Financial Advisor, or their Estate Planner) or an insurance agent on the phone who wants to sell them a policy?

You just cannot win in that battle, so I've learned to just walk away.

Oh me too. Just wondering if anyone could explain why they are this way? What is the problem they have with LTCI?

Just for the fun of it, I always tell the prospect to ask their "money manager, CPA, Advisor, etc" if they will sign an agreement telling the prospect that they will pay for all LTCI expenses if the prospect ever needs any. It never makes any difference to anyone but me to say this. It makes me feel better.:D

I am with you guys on this. I have had the same experiences.

The only thing I can think of is they don't want any risk of another agent involved with their client. They are worried about losing any business. Without you there, no risk to them. No annuity, securities, referral, etc to another broker.

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is that most advisors (CPAs, Financial Advisors, Money Managers, etc) just don't understand the product.

They don't comprehend the financial impact of a LTC event on their clients and they also don't want an insurance agent talking with a client of theirs. They are all very protective of their book of business.

But with that mind-set, they are doing their clients a disservice.

Latest posts

Back