LTC for Type II Diabetes???

Jeff

Expert
Md
I don't do ltc but have a client interested in it.

Will any any carriers consider type II diabetes?

Thanks!

Type 2 diabetes is not a problem with most LTC insurers. But, it depends upon several issues, namely:

latest a1c readings,
amount of insulin used per day, and
height and weight,

Also, if there are co-morbid conditions, like certain types of heart disease, it will limit the number of insurers willing to approve the policy.

If there is current use of tobacco, it will also limit which insurers would be willing to issue a policy.

If there is any history of stroke or mini-stroke, along with the type 2 diabetes, then don't bother--he/she is uninsurable.

www.DeclinesIntoCash.com

As mentioned before a1c readings, insulin used per day, and
height and weight will all have an impact.

We have an exclusive with Transamerica on their new LTC product which has 4 rated underwriting classes with benefit limitations in addition to Preferred and Standard. While not a true "sub-standard" product like Penn Treaty's Secured Risk we have had some good results for those with issues.

Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested

They stopped selling new business about 4 years ago but just started again the beginning of the year. Our parent company LTC Global has the exclusive to distribute the product. If you are interested let me know, it is priced very competitively for couples.

Back