LTC rider with Global benefits

Ivy Sheng

I am in CA.
I am looking for LTC products (traditional, Life with LTC rider, or Hybrid) that provide global benefits. Nationwide is the one I know, but I want to see if there are other options.

Thank you,
-Ivy

I am in CA.
I am looking for LTC products (traditional, Life with LTC rider, or Hybrid) that provide global benefits. Nationwide is the one I know, but I want to see if there are other options.

Thank you,
-Ivy
Well...depending on your definition, they all offer Global benefits...some more than others. Generally the benefits are reduced internationally for valid reasons. Hybrids like Nationwide, Lincoln, Securian, OneAmerica all have international coverage of some sort. On tyeh traditional side, MoO and NGL offer...and guessing all the others do too. Not familiar with all California carriers, as that is an odd state in many ways. :)

I have found that most people who have no intention of staying in this country in their Golden years will not consider these products when care is a lot cheaper in other countries (with exceptions of course). Life insurance will pay out where ever you die, and to be honest, have not looked to see if those LTC riders are reduced in any way. Maybe others will know better.

I am in CA.

Thank you,
-Ivy

Hi Ivy,

Nationwide will provide international coverage up to the specified amount of life insurance benefit. The extension of benefits rider must be used in the United States.

Securian will provide international benefits at 50% of your monthly benefit amount for the entire policy, both the acceleration of life insurance benefit and the extension of benefits rider. Securian will sell its policy to California residents if you sign the application with an agent in a different state.

Mutual of Omaha will provide benefits for 12 months internationally. UK and Canada would be full benefits for the entire policy though.

OneAmerica will only provide benefits internationally in a facility, and only for the specified amount of life insurance. Home care would be unavailable internationally with OneAmerica.

Brighthouse pays full benefits internationally but if I recall is still not available in CA.

Call me at (800) 891-5824 if I can further assist you.
Thank you.
Jack Lenenberg
CA License # 0H07738

Back