MA Upline Commissions

The fmo gets up to $412 on a MA policy?When the commish was $424 somebody offered me $480 or so on ma

Yea I had the same call

Wanted me to transfer all my contracts to them and wanted me to push Humana MAPD

Said he had a special contract with Humana and was able to offer more then what every one else offered

He offered $480 in FL

The conversation did not go far because I told him I would not push MA over sup

I just go over the difference and help client come to the best decision for them

He did not like that and ended the call

Why is everyone so concerned about what others make? CMS limits commission to agents. If the FMO made $17,000 it wouldn't affect us.

Rick

well if I had to take a guess at it I would probably say that he wants to move up in the company and make more money, hence the reason why he's asking the question. we are moving into a major era of growth in the Medicare industry with 10000 seniors turning 65 every day so there's a need for more management as well as agents.

well if I had to take a guess at it I would probably say that he wants to move up in the company and make more money, hence the reason why he's asking the question. we are moving into a major era of growth in the Medicare industry with 10000 seniors turning 65 every day so there's a need for more management as well as agents.

Is that what you call an FMO? Management?

So what company are you captive with and have you been in the industry more than 6 months?

Rick

I know there are multiple levels that get paid out. My direct upline is direct to Humana and Coventry, and under Berwick for UHC. I know he gets $75 to $100 minimum for every application I write because he told me and there are no other agents between the two of us. He also helps me with marketing and if something new comes out I am on the short list of who he calls. I could recruit and get a higher level, but I already have children. Do I think he is overpaid? YES. Does he do enough for me to be loyal. Absolutely.

My friend at one of the carriers told me that the FMO gets paid $200 from them. Out of that $200, the levels between them and the selling agent must be paid. If there is an existing direct contract between the FMO and selling agent, can the selling agent request placement under one of the in-between levels (SGA or MGA)? How likely is it to happen? Would the greedy FMO want to share with those levels when it's already getting 100% of the booty?

My friend at one of the carriers told me that the FMO gets paid $200 from them. Out of that $200, the levels between them and the selling agent must be paid. If there is an existing direct contract between the FMO and selling agent, can the selling agent request placement under one of the in-between levels (SGA or MGA)? How likely is it to happen? Would the greedy FMO want to share with those levels when it's already getting 100% of the booty?

Well in order to get your MGA SGA contracts requires usually a minimum of 5 agents as well as production requirements. So yeah the FMO would be giving up a share but hopefully adding more volume. On that note I have an MGA contract with UHC and would gladly put someone at the GA level if they could bring me 5 more agents. Production levels should be easy enough to hit personally at the GA level.

Last edited:
You would allow a GA contract IF he brings you 5 NEW agents. Suppose 5 of your already "enslaved" agents want to band together and FORM a GA CONTRACT to earn more commission under you? then what?

Well in order to get your MGA SGA contracts requires usually a minimum of 5 agents as well as production requirements. So yeah the FMO would be giving up a share but hopefully adding more volume. On that note I have an MGA contract with UHC and would gladly put someone at the GA level if they could bring me 5 more agents. Production levels should be easy enough to hit personally at the GA level.

I seem to recall that UHC dropped the GA contract a couple of years ago. When did they reinstate this?

I was also told that an MGA contract needs 5 agents. Is that different now?

Rick

I seem to recall that UHC dropped the GA contract a couple of years ago. When did they reinstate this?

I was also told that an MGA contract needs 5 agents. Is that different now?

Rick

They reinstated it last year I beleive maybe before that. Yes 5 agents same as GA except much higher production requirements for MGA.

They reinstated it last year I beleive maybe before that. Yes 5 agents same as GA except much higher production requirements for MGA.

This explains some of the encounters I have at various carrier meetings.

I have other agents give me to full court press on joining their agency despite me repeated saying "I'm independent." Evidently these GA/MGA folks place agent recruitment incentives/quotas on the agents, too.

Back