Managing Time - Lead Gen & Proccessing Aps

Hey djs,

Personal lines, P&C&L. You could have hit the nail on the head. I may be over quoting. I've been quoting all accepted quotes. You're right though, some are not worth it. I'm just afraid I might be competetive so I quote it.

What type of questions should I be asking to weed out the bad from the strong, qualified quotes? What do you do?

Last edited:
Well Dan, this is posted in the Auto insurance forum, so that would be my guess on the product he calling about....

Red Blooded and dan: I tried to start a P&C agency last year and I failed at it. Now, I'm thinking about going to a captive to learn the business. I did the thing in reverse, I started indy with no training. Now, i'm thinking about working for a company and getting training. What do you know about captive opportunities at Liberty Mutual or maybe I should just go find a local agency to work for? sorry to hi jack thread but I did not think we needed a new thread, here. I need some training. Oh, one more thing: I think I might like the sub-standard cash payor stuff, since I'm a debit life agent. I'm thinking Liberty Mutual may be a little better than sub standard, of course. there are tons of regional car agencies here and they all are hiring, most want bi-lingual which I am not. But they seem to be on every corner, with a sign saying, "liability only, $33.95 a month" on the front window. Thanks again.

Sounds like it's time to invest in a telemarketing firm and let them set your appointments.

Ok, I'll bite. Please tell us about you and your firm. And I'm being serious. You have really gone out of your way to play by the rules.

We call an SIC and county specific list on your behalf. If the insured is renewing within a 120 days we will schedule an appointment to discuss their policies. When we set an appointment we will get information specific to their policies such as, carriers, renewals dates, employee counts, current broker’s name, as well as e-mail address. We will also confirm a date, time, and address where you will be meeting them. If they are not renewing within a 120 days we will gather all of their x-date information to enter into your database.

We don’t require contracts because we feel that if we deliver on what we say, that will be enough to keep our clients loyal as well as happy. Without contracts this also keeps us motivated to provide the highest quality appointments. We realize to see the growth that is needed to ensure the success of our company, client retention is a necessity.

Hi, First year P&C agent.

When I first started I made it a point to do 30 to 50 dials a day. Now it's getting harder to maintain my cold calling.

Now that I'm getting better at it, I'm generating more quotes from my dials - I quote an average of 1 out of 3 dials. My quotes are stacking up, plus re-writes are coming in, and more answering client questions on phone calls.

My time is now limited to how many dials I can do. Some days I don't have time to cold call.

How do you guys manage time so that you keep on track with your lead generation and filling your pipeline? Thanks!

-Blade

Blade
The Principal will never hire you an assistant.

ROI is not there.
In my experience if you're calling existing clients you'll run the list then have a hard time bringing in new business when the warm leads die. Think you have little time now? Wait till you have to pull business out of thin air and service those clients. It's at that point in time I see most indies letting go of the staff member that just worked the book over. If he doesn't fire you and you're on commission you'll end up leaving because you're not bringing in new business/making money.

Back