MAPD commissions first to get the AXE?

Will Agents lose MAPD renewals in financial crisis?

• Total voters
You might want to rethink how you worded this. Medicare doesn't fund ANY of the expenses of a Medicare Supplement. I assume you are mainly referencing the portion of a claim that Medicare Part B pays after the deductible is met. That has nothing to do with the expenses a carrier incurs for a Medicare Supplement. The expenses of a Medicare Supplement are the portion of claims they pay and the commission they pay to the agent. None of that is paid by Medicare.
Good luck with that.

He just cut and pasted half of a Sears catalog and he still doesn't get it.

But I've got to admit it ... his shit sure is getting funny.

Whatever you say...go back and start from the beginning of the original premise..

I forget his handle but he indicated that MA and PDP were getting subsidies.. I told him I preferred to call them funding..also that Med Supps get subsidies (funding) by the Government indirectly by paying 80% of the claim.

Below is basically what I told him..

Who do you think pays the 80% cost that Med Supplements do not pay...it may surprise you but that is the same government that in your eyes subsides MA plans.so Supplements also get your so called subsidies with the 80% that part a and part b...I prefer to call it funding.

As of 2 years ago MA plans received about $26.75 more per month funding from the government.

Whatever you say...go back and start from the beginning of the original premise..

I forget his handle but he indicated that MA and PDP were getting subsidies.. I told him I preferred to call them funding..also that Med Supps get subsidies (funding) by the Government indirectly by paying 80% of the claim.

Below is basically what I told him..

Who do you think pays the 80% cost that Med Supplements do not pay...it may surprise you but that is the same government that in your eyes subsides MA plans.so Supplements also get your so called subsidies with the 80% that part a and part b...I prefer to call it funding.

As of 2 years ago MA plans received about $26.75 more per month funding from the government.

But it isn't true. Med Supps get absolutely no funding from the tax payers. That 80% is funding Medicare. It's paid whether a person has a supplement or not.

But it isn't true. Med Supps get absolutely no funding from the tax payers. That 80% is funding Medicare. It's paid whether a person has a supplement or not.

True..like I said before typing too fast for my brain too catch up to my fingers..Let me do it this way ... A supplement would not be worth the paper it was written on if medicare didn't cover 80% of the claim.. A supplement only covers 20%.... But only then if medicare covers the 80%

I can only die once for my sins..move on

True..like I said before typing too fast for my brain too catch up to my fingers..

But you said it twice

Let me do it this way ... A supplement would not be worth the paper it was written on if medicare didn't cover 80% of the claim.. A supplement only covers 20%.... But only then if medicare covers the 80%

Kinda of a duh statement since it's a SUPPLEMENT. Meaning it SUPPLEMENTS Medicare. My guess is if Medicare only paid 60% after the Part B deductible, there would be a supplement that would pick up the 40%.

I can only die once for my sins..move on

Sir, someone already died for your sins. No need for you to die for them.

But you said it twice

Well that's a DUH statement

Kinda of a duh statement since it's a SUPPLEMENT. Meaning it SUPPLEMENTS Medicare. My guess is if Medicare only paid 60% after the Part B deductible, there would be a supplement that would pick up the 40%.

THEY ARE OBLIGATED NOW TO PAY 20% NOT 40%... If and when those policies come on the market they will cost double of what they cost today.

Sir, someone already died for your sins. No need for you to die for them.

Thanks for that tidbit ..n

Latest posts

Back