Mapd in new state

keith365

Super Genius
I have a client who moved from Florida to Texas. He has Medicaid in Florida, but Texas denied his application. But, Florida is still paying his part B premium, even though he's living in Texas. When he moved to Texas, he enrolled into a new advantage plan (without me knowing). He's unhappy with his current plan, and would like a new one. What do you think would happen if I enrolled him in to a new d-snp Texas plan? Would he probably lose his Medicaid from Florida? Obviously, he's hoping to keep that. Or what might be a better course of action. Looking for advice. Thanks!

The new d-snp will check with his resident state

Not sure if FL doesn't know he moved is maybe why its still in place, He may lose it when he informs them

I believe, If he doesn't he may have to pay back some monies as he is not entitled to FL state benefits if he is not a resident, He may have to pay back some as it is now dep on when the move was

I have a client who moved from Florida to Texas. He has Medicaid in Florida, but Texas denied his application. But, Florida is still paying his part B premium, even though he's living in Texas. When he moved to Texas, he enrolled into a new advantage plan (without me knowing). He's unhappy with his current plan, and would like a new one. What do you think would happen if I enrolled him in to a new d-snp Texas plan? Would he probably lose his Medicaid from Florida? Obviously, he's hoping to keep that. Or what might be a better course of action. Looking for advice. Thanks!

TEXAS is very strict about its limits and follows the National amounts, not a dollar more. Try a 3-way call with 2-1-1 to inquire why he doesn’t qualify for Medicaid if you believe he qualifies.

If he doesn't end his florida medicaid first he won't be able to get approved for texas medicaid and he won't be able to enroll in a texas snp .

Another issue with out-of-state Medicaid including when you are traveling is that they do not have to pay an out-of-state provider and he may be responsible for any portion not paid by his plan. Doctors and hospitals can do agreements to get paid by Medicaid from other states but in many cases, the process to do so is not worth it. I worked in hospital billing in ME and saw it on more than one occasion where patients got saddled with thousands in bills because their state wouldn't pay and the hospital was not required to write it off.

It is also fraudulent to collect benefits from one state while living in another.

Back