MAPD out of pocket insurance

It depends on the company for example Wellabe HI and GTL are primarily the plans that I use. both of those companies have standalone cancer policies and you can add a cancer policy as a rider to the hospital indemnity. both have guaranteed issued depending on your age up to 73 or so, depending on the company. I also use a company called Chesapeake for guaranteed issue up to the age of 90.

we also do a lot of critical illness plans when we do Aca, heart attack cancer and stroke. Also, maybe throw in an accident policy

Thanks for the info. Didn’t think of the accidental either, makes total sense. I definitely need to start offering these plans.

@StephanieCJ has a valid point. The math doesn't work out on a HI plan most of the time.

A cancer plan can be worthwhile but there is still potential for a lot of OOP for other situations such as kidney failure requiring dialysis @ $50k plus per year. There are other medical conditions such as diabetes that can run the bill up and most of that would be outpatient care.

The max OOP isn't the only concern. Many chronic conditions can easily create an OOP monthly cost of $200 or more just for healthcare.

The idea that someone can rent a MAPD and add-on a patchwork of other policies and that will be as comprehensive or cost effective as OM + Medigap is foolish.

There are agents working the U65 market that still sell STM and hospital indemnity plans on a stand alone basis and tell folks they have good coverage for a much lower premium than ACA without a subsidy.

Just because an agent uses that as a sales pitch doesn't make it so.

The idea that there is a one-size-fits-all solution for every beneficiary's healthcare needs is foolish.

And there you go with anecdotes. And I can do that too, watch: There are Med Supp-only agents that don't give beneficiaries all of their options. These agents burden beneficiaries with unaffordable premiums so that their coverage ends up lapsing leaving them without coverage or they have to without other essentials like food, electricity, and heat to pay the unaffordable premiums.
Avoid using logic to perplex him; his whole social world exists here, where all his friends share his penchant for contradiction. He's skilled at what he does and never yields in an argument, preferring to be that kind of individual….

@StephanieCJ has a valid point. The math doesn't work out on a HI plan most of the time.

A cancer plan can be worthwhile but there is still potential for a lot of OOP for other situations such as kidney failure requiring dialysis @ $50k plus per year. There are other medical conditions such as diabetes that can run the bill up and most of that would be outpatient care.

The max OOP isn't the only concern. Many chronic conditions can easily create an OOP monthly cost of $200 or more just for healthcare.

The idea that someone can rent a MAPD and add-on a patchwork of other policies and that will be as comprehensive or cost effective as OM + Medigap is foolish.

There are agents working the U65 market that still sell STM and hospital indemnity plans on a stand alone basis and tell folks they have good coverage for a much lower premium than ACA without a subsidy.

Just because an agent uses that as a sales pitch doesn't make it so.
Asserting something does not necessarily confirm its truth. Your comprehension appears restricted to your own narrow viewpoint of how things should operate. It is alarming that individuals would choose to buy from someone with such a constrained understanding of the practical applications of insurance for an individual in their time of need.

For those who are saying HI is not worth it. Overall I would agree as inpatient is not common.

But insurance is insurance - final expense is a waste of money too... Medigap G is a waste for most people most years... It's the game we play.

But I find it easier to sell UNL than the others. Check out their pricing - it's low!

"There is hardly anything in the world that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper, and those who consider price alone are that man's lawful prey." This quote is often attributed to the British artist and poet, John Ruskin. It is stated here as written by Ruskin. Or simply, "you get what you pay for."

Rebuttals with personal attacks but lacking in new and even different information on the topic do not convey credibility.

Rather, it makes the poster appear to be uninformed and have a limited understanding of the topic at hand.

Back