Marketing Ideas

feworkaholic

Has anyone ever used marketing materials that include pricing from many local funeral homes to help catch attention to the importance of final expense to this aging market? I'm trying to find new ways to really draw attention so any ideas are most welcome. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone ever used marketing materials that include pricing from many local funeral homes to help catch attention to the importance of final expense to this aging market? I'm trying to find new ways to really draw attention so any ideas are most welcome. Thanks in advance!

I don't know how we could relate this to FE but the best response I ever got from a mailer was announcing a price increase for a funeral home. It scared the funeral home owner to death but turned out great.

But the difference was I was giving a 30-day notice of a price increase and the responders had 30 days to lock the price in before the increase. I mailed out 500 pieces to an in house list (families who had used that funeral home in the past). Over the next month I wrote $219,000 in PreNeed funeral policies directly from those responders. These were not leads, they were absolute lay downs. (Preneed is measured by face amount not annual premium. This would be equal to around $30,000 in FE premium)

The only negative feedback I got was when they were meeting with me and they asked how much they were saving, several of them felt disappointed when I had to tell them the price was only increasing by $100.

I've had other months with that amount of premium but I had to work for them. But with this mailer all I did was answer the phone and open the mail. These were aggressive responders. They wanted to meet today and had their checkbooks out. I've done that mailer many more times through the years but the response is way less after several years. But when you do it in another funeral home that it hasn't been done before it's great.

Here's your million dollar idea for you guys who like to travel. Go from town to town working price increases for funeral homes. When I was traveling around training PreNeed agents, I always had success with this. But over half the funeral home owners wouldn't allow it. They were afraid it would scare off their base.

The best way to marketing is to get Information and education about your product to your buying demographic.

When it comes to marketing, I know the game and there are several cost effective things I do since my leads are limited.

Pm me, they are very inexpensive.

Latest posts

Back