Marketing with Mail/postcards Question

Postal routes means every door direct mail eddm. Sounds about right at .36 per piece and doing it at cost from a local printer. I recall eddm being about .18 per home.

What does mailing to postal routes mean exactly? It sounds like you sprayed and prayed. I just read a book by Bill Good and he says that the most important thing is the list and he might be right.

Yes and Yes! God answered my prayers, just not the way I hoped :)

I would agree that a good list probably is worth the cost. While I'm out some money, it wasn't a terribly large expense and was worth the experience.

----------

Postal routes means every door direct mail eddm. Sounds about right at .36 per piece and doing it at cost from a local printer. I recall eddm being about .18 per home.

Correct, although I think we paid $.20 per piece instead of $0.18. Basically your mail man delivers mail to probably 450 - 600 homes. When you buy a route, that means he puts that card in every single box.

Again our mail guy primarily does politicians and said the main point there is to get name recognition. Seemed like a reasonable comparison (elect me as your insurance agent!?) but it did not pan out.

Back