Marketplace Navigators Changing Clients Plans

Zanetti, to quote Joe Biden, "I feel ya man!" It's a shame you got that same Told moron both times you called in. But things were finally made right? Hope so!

I had problem with numbskull navigators not accepting a policyholder death, even after 2 calls. Only way was to cancel checking auto deduction. I'm not putting no more marketplace plans on checking auto. Just askin for trouble eventually.

I hope is fixed . So far i dont see them on my workbench. Idk if we as agent have a lobby firm that that fight for our rights. If not we need to create one and i am in..

----------

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/indusclient.php?id=F09

The agentagency info is still attached to the application...:arghh:

That's actually not a bad thing. The carrier that you're not appointed with has nothing to do with it, other than the fact that you won't be paid commissions. You are authorized to assist the client with marketplace applications.

What I've had happen several times is the marketplace rep removed me as the agent of record, only because they "helped them", although sticking with the same carrier, in which the client enrolled with me.

The only way I knew about it was the clients called to tell me. A lot of agents may be surprised at the business that they lose that way.

I had a client call me this morning because he lost his job and wanted to go on his wife's subsidized plan (both through me with Assurant). All I could do was tell him to call the Marketplace and get a SEP for this so they could be on the same plan.

Net loss of two clients for me, of course. What a great system for agents who spend so much time educating and assisting with all of the details :no::no::no::no::no::no::mad::mad:

I had a client correct the spelling of his wife's name, and the FFM cancelled the plan and started over.

It's not just the FFM. I have a carrier doing this. I had 3 clients call one particular carrier to deal with a problem, and this carrier's rep completely rewrote the policy, changed the plan design, and of course took the BOR. It was during OEP. In one case, the client is INSISTING that's not the plan design he wants, but the carrier won't change it back to the one I had originally enrolled the client in.

I had a client call me this morning because he lost his job and wanted to go on his wife's subsidized plan (both through me with Assurant). All I could do was tell him to call the Marketplace and get a SEP for this so they could be on the same plan. Net loss of two clients for me, of course. What a great system for agents who spend so much time educating and assisting with all of the details :no::no::no::no::no::no::mad::mad:

Why couldn't you remain the agent? Do they have to call the marketplace for an SEP situation?

Why couldn't you remain the agent? Do they have to call the marketplace for an SEP situation?

Assurant went to 0% commission. In adding the Husband to the plan the wife's original plan was termed and a new application and plan was selected that paid nada to the agent.

Back