Mass. law about to take effect - some interesting points

Most polls have Giuliania over McCain. Every poll has Hillary ahead on the Dem. ticket.

Interesting that while everyone admits she's the clear front-runner everyone also seems to think she won't get the nomination. Obama's un-electable. Not enough experience.

john_petrowski said:
Most polls have Giuliania over McCain. Every poll has Hillary ahead on the Dem. ticket.

Interesting that while everyone admits she's the clear front-runner everyone also seems to think she won't get the nomination. Obama's un-electable. Not enough experience.

Look back at almost any election, 2 years out and who is the front runner will not be in the running when the nomination process actually happens, most of the time. Now this doesn't include a sitting Pres. that is in the first term, or a VP that is in his second term, as yes they will be renominated or nominated by their party. In other words it way too far out and too many things will happen, Hillary and Giuliania are both cresting way too soon.

I like Newt but his mouth I'm sure will keep him out.

Well, you always have the "Howard Dean factor" where someone can seem like they're doing quite well, then they implode. Any candadite is a few stupid words away from being out of the race. Obama came close with his "wasted lives" comment.

It's almost unfair. Years ago a stupid comment was just a blurb on the news. Now it's on Youtube watched over and over by millions of people. Just imagine having literally every word that comes out of your mouth scrutinized.

Anyone old enough to remember when Ed Muskie 'cried' while outside in a snowstorm. The career of a good man was ruined by the savage media.

Anyone remember when George Romney used the words "brain washed" in referenced to his trip to Vietnam? The media butchered him as well (although I think HE was an ***.)

And Howard Dean? The 'yell' was just a fun thing to his supporters.

The #$%^ing media does not want to report the news... they want to create it.

And talk about a nation of sheep (famous book by sociologist Vance Packard in the 50s or early 60s?)

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear from the major media outlets. Get off your ass and go to a candidate rally or speech or house party and make your own decision.

Decisions are made by those who show up! (I first head that on the West Wing show.) It's true.

Al

Howard Dean was a victim of the horribly irresponsible media who doesn't have to answer to anyone.

Much has been written about the "Dean Scream." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Scream

The media outlets knew that the recording they aired came from a noise-cancelling microphone. It gave the illusions that Dean's "scream" was far out of context from the crowd noise thereby painting him as a "wierdo."

Here's the proper context: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uphij88fzK8 - in this actual tape you can barely make out his scream over the noise - and if the media used that tape with the crowd noise they wouldn't have had a story. Interesting to note that the "scream" in this clip happens 1:15 seconds into the clip. Can you hear it? Neither could anyone else over the insane crowd noise.

Intead they chose to air the noise-silenced version they incessantly play it over and over and over to paint a picture of an "out of control" man.

The news should be a form of entertainment not unlike watching Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Well I don't think we'll see another Kennedy/Nixon campiagn in our future or the unfortunate misstep of Nixon's. Those who listen to the debate on radio had Nixon winner 70/30, those who watched it on the boob tube had Kennedy winning 70/30. Obviously Kennedy understood how big a role TV was going to have.

A little note of fact that many don't know. Kennedy and Nixon were good friends. When Kennedy became sick at the onset of the Presidential Election Campaign and there was doubt he could actually run Nixon sent him a letter stating he would withdraw from the election if Kennedy could not Run. Of course Kennedy said "No you won't!". The only Kennedy I have any respect for, except his son JonJon that died unfortunely way to young. While I doubt I would agree with them in total they seem to have an honor to them that is missing today, last time I seen it was in Reagan. Yes I do believe Reagan and John Kennedy were good friends also.

I have no idea how this post popped up to my "unread post" notice as I don't see anything recent. That being said, I snickered a little when I saw this post. Here I thought I was the only one that thought he didn't have enough experience. Guess I'm not as crazy as I thought.

Back