MDRT Members?

I sure did. Sorry, I'm not sure how I miss read that post so badly. As far as compensation goes, In Life Insurance my understanding is that almost all Insurance companies career/captive or otherwise will offer higher FYC/other Comp to those who write higher premium. I personally have no problem with that. "If you work harder we will pay you more"

I can certainly understand and agree that the client does not need to know (nor do I want to inform them) of what I get paid on their particular policy. However, generally knowing my production level annually, if I were with the MDRT, I can only see as a benefit, most people want to work with successful people. I want the MD that has won awards, published in his discipline to operate on me. MDRT is a measure and in some ways an advertisement in our respective field that highlights the competent and the successful agent.

Of course, you can be successful and competent and not be with MDRT, however the benefits of being part of the organization and the statement such an affiliation would make to others in our field and prospective clients, would be worth it. When I qualify, hopefully this year, I'm signing up.

I can certainly respect what gets you or anybody going in this business and if MDRT doesn't do it for you but multi millionaire status does then push on brother. For many however the two are linked. And the majority of millionaires in Insurance/financial services are part of the MDRT.

"Money is simply a bi-product of being the best!" You are absolutely correct!

Oh, and congratulations WBunch. That's incredible production and very inspiring. Are you in Denver this week?

I have been in the business for 8yrs. Years 1-4 were w/ Monumental as a partime agent in college. 5-6 were with Monumental as a full time agent(1st 2yrs of MDRT qualifer). And my last 2yrs have been as an Indy(yr7 COT,last yr. TOT). I'm mainly do Life, Disability, and Fianancial Planning. I have a lady in my office that handles all of the Health and Med Sups. I"m not on here bragging. I just think it is a great organization to bring yourself to another level in your career.

Congrats on kicking ass and taking names. I did not think you were bragging. You have every right to be proud of your accomplishments and I commend you for rising above the rest.

I sure did. Sorry, I'm not sure how I miss read that post so badly. As far as compensation goes, In Life Insurance my understanding is that almost all Insurance companies career/captive or otherwise will offer higher FYC/other Comp to those who write higher premium. I personally have no problem with that. "If you work harder we will pay you more"

Good way to do business.

I can certainly understand and agree that the client does not need to know (nor do I want to inform them) of what I get paid on their particular policy. However, generally knowing my production level annually, if I were with the MDRT, I can only see as a benefit, most people want to work with successful people. I want the MD that has won awards, published in his discipline to operate on me. MDRT is a measure and in some ways an advertisement in our respective field that highlights the competent and the successful agent.

Agreed and I talk with the best of the best in Health Insurance every day!

I can certainly respect what gets you or anybody going in this business and if MDRT doesn't do it for you but multi millionaire status does then push on brother. For many however the two are linked. And the majority of millionaires in Insurance/financial services are part of the MDRT.

The status doesn't mean anything to me. Being able to provide for my family and set the bar (I'm 1st generation American) for future generations motivates me. I have close family members who are at the top of their fields in medicine, real estate, higher education and government in the D.C./Maryland MD and a few other states. I look forward to adding insurance to that ever growing list.

I have nothing against MDRT and look forward to competing against you.

Qualification is/can be based on either FYC or Premium. Therefore, qualification is the same and thus fair across the board.

Just wanted to clarify/qualify this statement. Whether your career with NYL and make 55% on the premium dollar or if your a PGA and make 100% on the premium dollar (your upfront comp may be higher or lower) for MDRT qualification purposes, the MDRT counts all commissionable premium at 100% across the board. So, qualifying is fair for everybody.

This is responding to Newby's question/thought's on qualification for the MDRT posted below.

"Seems like those of us that are independent can meet the requirement MUCH easier than a captive agent since it is gross commission based. We make a higher % commission but some of it goes back into our marketing and office expenses.

A captive agent (like NYL agents) make a much lower commission. So I am pretty impressed that they have the highest percentage of members.

NYL was definitely offering me their top commission package because I have qualified for the round table pretty much every year. I wonder if other companies would do the same? Might be worth joining in that case."

NaK4Life

Just wondering do we have any MDRT members here? No Zack you or any of fellow NAA Kool-Aid drinkers are members.

Hey Wayne! Are you still around?

I got an application from the MDRT but I'm confused about the professional association membership requirement. I don't belong to any. If I join now is that OK or did I have to join in 2007?

I guess I've never been much of a joiner.

You will be fine if you join now..Sorry been MIA for a while..Been really busy with business and our baby..

OK guys. I expect a little more respect around here. I got my MDRT acceptance letter today.

Latest posts

Back