Med Advantage and FMO

What philosophy is this based upon, if I may ask?

FMO's, in my experience, get in the way. They are not worth the extra few $'s you may be able to pick up. Their niche tends to be agent recruitment. That skill adds no value to the overall process. There is much more, and better, information on this forum than anyone will ever receive from a FMO.

If you are a GA, however, it is probably the best way for you to be able to offer street level or better commissions to your agents from the word Go.

I have been direct, and later changed to being under an FMO, and for good reasons. I honestly believe it depends on the company you are selling for. My theory is direct for companies with no captives, under an agency for the companies that have captives, and NEVER under a subagency unless they have something to offer. :laugh:

Last year I went direct for my Bcbs contract and got very little support, so I recently switched it to an FMO, they seem to be more eager to help me grow my business.

Last year I went direct for my Bcbs contract and got very little support, so I recently switched it to an FMO, they seem to be more eager to help me grow my business.

You should never use BCBS and support in the same universe, let alone the same sentence.

Back