Med Supp Free Look - 30 days from when?

MrSockMonkey

Expert
30 days from signing up or ? Family member turns 65 in March. He enrolled in a plan about 2 months ago. Is it too late to cancel, since he did not turn 65 yet? He would like to go with a less expensive carrier. Thank you.

30 days from signing up or ? Family member turns 65 in March. He enrolled in a plan about 2 months ago. Is it too late to cancel, since he did not turn 65 yet? He would like to go with a less expensive carrier. Thank you.
The 30 day free look starts the day the policyholder receives the policy. You can cancel/lapse a Med Supp anytime you want after the the free look.

Oh dear. I am not understanding the free look, then. goillini52, senior-advisor-Indiana and anyone... so does this mean that he can cancel the policy and get another Plan F with a different carrier? Does he still have the 3 months after turning 65? He does not want to wait that long, just wants a less expensive Plan F.

30 day clock starts when insured receives the policy.

Applications/policies can be cancelled at any time.

Medicare beneficiary has SIX months from the time their Part B goes into effect to apply for coverage without underwriting. After that time can still cancel anytime and apply for new coverage subject to underwriting.

Oh dear. I am not understanding the free look, then. goillini52, senior-advisor-Indiana and anyone... so does this mean that he can cancel the policy and get another Plan F with a different carrier? Does he still have the 3 months after turning 65? He does not want to wait that long, just wants a less expensive Plan F.

The free look period is in regards to full refund, nothing to to do with when you can cancel as you can do anytime nor health questions as there are other rules that apply to that

Okay, vic120. That is what I couldn't get...what is the purpose of the free look if they could change anyway. For a full refund...now I understand.
Thanks all you guys...you all reinforced the fact that he can change. I really appreciate the help on this forum.

Back