Med Supp Only

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
or do you offer Plan D as well? I think I've read some don't get involved in plan D because it's too much service work. My question is, aren't you concerned about losing a client to someone who does offer plan D?

If you don"t won't to sell it, show them how to use Medicare.gov plan finder. Or have them call Medicare.

If you don"t won't to sell it, show them how to use Medicare.gov plan finder. Or have them call Medicare.

It's ironic that every agent is willing to help seniors with Med supps ,the only insurance product that most seniors could shop for without the help of an agent , yet when it comes to the most convoluted insurance product on planet earth - part d- no one wants to be accountable for the plan their med supp client enrolls in.

It's ironic that every agent is willing to help seniors with Med supps ,the only insurance product that most seniors could shop for without the help of an agent , yet when it comes to the most convoluted insurance product on planet earth - part d- no one wants to be accountable for the plan their med supp client enrolls in.

Virginia has over 40 prescription drug plans available. Should an agent carry all 40? Should he/she carry just one and sell to everyone regardless if it's in 20th place according to Medicare.gov, not worrying about what's BEST for the client?

Virginia has over 40 prescription drug plans available. Should an agent carry all 40? Should he/she carry just one and sell to everyone regardless if it's in 20th place according to Medicare.gov, not worrying about what's BEST for the client?

Kind of misleading when there are roughly probably 10 you would have to carry to offer them all.

But no I wouldn't carry all 10. I have about 4 and if it's one I don't offer I just have them sign up directly.

No but if you have a few plans in your bag you can usually help 80% of the clients.To CYA contract with all the PDP that also sell MA in your area or refer them to a trusted captive agent ie. Humana who need minimum production to keep their jobs and don't mind running PDP appointments.Unless the cost are significantly higher I find that most seniors want the PDP that their trusted advisor can be their AOR.When a plan I don't contract with is much better I instruct the client to call the carrier direct so they can still have an AOR.the telesales agent is motivated to give accurate information because they are on the hook for suitability just like independent agents.IMO much better then instructing seniors to go the DYI route for their PDP

Each year, I find about 90% of my Part D enrollments go to 3 plans.
For 2016, it was Humana Walmart, Aetna Saver, and, SilverScript Choice.
Of these 3, Humana Walmart easily garnered 60%.

Kind of misleading when there are roughly probably 10 you would have to carry to offer them all. But no I wouldn't carry all 10. I have about 4 and if it's one I don't offer I just have them sign up directly.

I do the same--I carry about 4 companies that provide good value to most people. For those with complicated situations or who fall outside of those, I'll run the report and let them
Sign themselves up directly.

I got into insurance to help people with their Part D. The rest just pays the bills so I can continue to help them. It's not hard to contract with the plans, and I get a lot of referrals from them.

Simply answering his question. I have, to this point, helped folks with their Plan D decision.

Back