Med Supp Rate Increases

Ten years ago Principle had the lowest med supp in Arkansas, plan F was $67.00 per month. My understanding is that they didn't raise their rates for around 14 years. One day I called to get more apps and they said they just got out of the med supp business. Apparently, someone started checking the books and found out they were taking a drubbing. They made up for lost time by raising their rates.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I talked to someone about a month ago that had a med sup with Heartland National and they told me they hadn't had a rate increase for three years or so. May be about time for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ten years ago Principle had the lowest med supp in Arkansas, plan F was $67.00 per month. My understanding is that they didn't raise their rates for around 14 years. One day I called to get more apps and they said they just got out of the med supp business. Apparently, someone started checking the books and found out they were taking a drubbing. They made up for lost time by raising their rates.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I talked to someone about a month ago that had a med sup with Heartland National and they told me they hadn't had a rate increase for three years or so. May be about time for one.

Regarding Heartland, they were just bought out, and their rates are incredibly competitive still right now. Service should be improving, too! Their application for Med Supp is VERY simple.

Regarding Heartland, they were just bought out, and their rates are incredibly competitive still right now. Service should be improving, too! Their application for Med Supp is VERY simple.

Who were they bought out by? It was my understanding that they were buying out another company.

Their comp sucks. In Illinois it is 17% year 1-6 and with a 12 month advance it is more like under 16%

Their comp sucks. In Illinois it is 17% year 1-6 and with a 12 month advance it is more like under 16%

In the majority of their states, their rates beat everyone else, hands down. It's good to have when you need to pull it out, no doubt about it...and to roll those folks receiving 25%+ rate increases from the big boys.

Oh, and the G.I. commissions (for now) are at full comp vs. the 1/2 commission as earned with the bigger players now.

Suddenly they look attractive.

Back