Medicaid assisted MediGap premium help

Does she not ion that Medicaid will for everything anway- it looks like Medicaid woulld be on top of that

If they have Medicaid they don't need a Medigap

I agree. However, I have found beneficiaries who have both medicare medicaid and a supplement, and they've told me they think they get better care having the gap plan. I imagine they also have a wider selection of doctors and providers to choose from. So I could see that as a perk.

Guess I have a different mindset on this. Over the years I have wasted a lot of time, too much really, on folks who have a need and seem genuinely nice, but are broke. This may sound elitist, but I would rather spend my time with folks who not only appreciate what I bring to the table but can afford products that generate revenue.

I do have an altruistic nature and have incorporated that trait in my business practice. A good friend calls me a mensch. Had to look that one up to make sure it wasn't code for "Krusty", which is what his wife calls me.

Guess I have a different mindset on this. Over the years I have wasted a lot of time, too much really, on folks who have a need and seem genuinely nice, but are broke. This may sound elitist, but I would rather spend my time with folks who not only appreciate what I bring to the table but can afford products that generate revenue.

I do have an altruistic nature and have incorporated that trait in my business practice. A good friend calls me a mensch. Had to look that one up to make sure it wasn't code for "Krusty", which is what his wife calls me.

Not elitist at all. You've set a standard for your life and your business, which will allow for more fulfillment.

As in Krusty the Clown?

Does she not ion that Medicaid will for everything anway- it looks like Medicaid woulld be on top of that

Me? Of course she does. But non of her doctors were taking Medicaid or the mapd plans. Her son doesn’t mind paying for her med supp so she prefers Medicaid to pay for her Medicare premium and her son to pay for med supp.

It’s my only Medicaid/med supp client

I'm probably going to be sorry I said this because I can't speak specifics, but I have seen Medicaid pay for someone's Med Supp before. This was some years ago before the introduction of MA Plans though. Only seen the one case and I've forgotten what the circumstances were.
I think you are right and I believe that it happens when people are in a nursing home and qualify for Medicaid. Certain health conditions might trigger it.

I fon’t see this as spending tax payers money foolishly. If they are able to adverse select wisely it would save taxpayer money.

Back