Medicaid Ending Question

There's a webex on 6/27 regarding pairing Plan L (with United States Fire Insurance Company) with a hospital indemnity plan for a cost-saving fix.

M65, 30328
G - $149 (Anthem), $145 USF
L - $87 USF with $3470 . . . $3240 more than Part B deductible . . .

For hospital stay, insured is on the hook for $400 of the $1600 deductible. What is the logic behind selling a HIP to cover $400 when the patient has exposure for roughly $2800 above the Part B deductible?

How is this a cost-saving fix? How much is the premium for a $500/day HIP?

If $$ are tight they can get HDG for $55 and have $2700 OOP.

So what am I missing . . . other than the obvious desire by the agent to pad commissions?

somarco said:

So what am I missing . . . other than the obvious desire by the agent to pad commissions?

I'll fill you in after the webex.

Late to the party here, 8 pages in. Couldnt read it all.

Here, that kind of income posted from OP, it wouldn't be a question here so long as there's not much money in their bank account or other financial vehicles, to opt MAPD.

The hospitals and many facilities here have a one or two page form depending on hospital/facility for help with those co-pays. I have dozens of clients not on Medicaid getting there copays waived. So I'd check on that. Hospital Social workers and billing depts here are easy to work with. Also, facilities have given out gas cards, other vouchers and other help with cancer/more serious tx trips as an example. The client fills it out one time per year, show proof of bank account balance and not much more.

With that said, if they are going to PT or something similar twice a week that specific facility may or may not eat copays. Many do eat the copays. Never would have known this on my own, learned it early on by the clients themselves and see it time and time again.

So in this case it's a MAPD PPO with most appropriate Rx formulary

WHY would I put someone on a plan with a $6700 OOP, which they are damn sure going to meet vs $1500 premium with a $226 OOP. NOPE.

M65, 30328

For hospital stay, insured is on the hook for $400 of the $1600 deductible. What is the logic behind selling a HIP to cover $400 when the patient has exposure for roughly $2800 above the Part B deductible?

HIP, Critical Illness and whatever else all give me hives.

BUT. I am starting to get it in states like CT, FL (and I am guessing NY) due to the high cost of Plan N. They get an HMO MAPD in states where they work, add $50 hospital indemnity plan to offset the hospital copays.

And its becoming more and more have vs have not. So that's nice. Let's screw the middle class

There's a webex on 6/27 regarding pairing Plan L (with United States Fire Insurance Company) with a hospital indemnity plan for a cost-saving fix.

M65, 30328

somarco said:

I'll fill you in after the webex.

What did the presentation points turn out to be?

Well if full underwritten I could see . I guarantee you there’s not one high producing fe agent who hasn’t had a contested death claim denied if he’s been in the business 3-5 yrs

To be fair, you did a switch on him. You only asked him about a rescinded Med Supp policy, which I doubt anyone has ever seen.

M65, 30328

Very few companies offer it, so they think they can fool you into thinking Plan L is a niche product.

To be fair, you did a switch on him. You only asked him about a rescinded Med Supp policy, which I doubt anyone has ever seen.

Todd I’ve asked about the rescinded med sup policy . To be fair I’ve also never heard of one rescinded. But out if 10’s of millions of sups written I assure you 100’s of thousands have big or small lies on them . You’ve been doing sups a long time . What happens if someone had cancer and switched sups . Are you telling me the sup company won’t rescind ? Surely that happened many times over 10’s of millions of policys

Back