Medicare Advantage Referrals Joint Venture

So let me get this straight..your telling me that if you were selling med. Sups. & THE BENEFICIARY ASKED you about a Medicare Advantage plan that you would not help them?? CMS is there for the best interest of the beneficiary, so by you not helping inform them (the benificiary) of their options?¿? Wait a second you don't sell Medicare then. You are doing ANALYSIS PARALYSIS with compliance.

So with that said, how many beneficiaries did you sign up with a plan last month??
And how many meaning, med. Sups. & advantage ?

so I'm confused. I am setting up a call center and am going to have a joint venture partner who has clients who will be going onto Medicare. It is likely that many, if not most, of these clients will end up on Medicare Advantage due to their financial situations. The joint venture partner is proposing that they call their clients a couple of months before the client becomes eligible for Medicare to let the client know that making the right choices with regard to Medicare is very important and offering their client to complete a "warm transfer" over to my call center to speak with a licensed agent.

Is that allowed?

so I'm confused. I am setting up a call center and am going to have a joint venture partner who has clients who will be going onto Medicare. It is likely that many, if not most, of these clients will end up on Medicare Advantage due to their financial situations. The joint venture partner is proposing that they call their clients a couple of months before the client becomes eligible for Medicare to let the client know that making the right choices with regard to Medicare is very important and offering their client to complete a "warm transfer" over to my call center to speak with a licensed agent.

Is that allowed?

There have been a number of people who have responded so let me make this clear.

NO

Rick

Rick,

Why is that a problem if they are being transferred to discuss Medicare? Is transferring someone to a call center that works with Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage non compliant?

Rick,

Why is that a problem if they are being transferred to discuss Medicare? Is transferring someone to a call center that works with Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage non compliant?

Webster's defines ulterior motive - kept hidden in order to get a particular result .
The first thing an agent is asked when they receive a complaint is - how did you meet the client? If you are strictly calling for FE and Med Supp and you sell a satistically insigincant number of MA plans compared to the number of FE and Med Supp policies then it may not be a such an issue except for the warm transfer part but if your plan is to harvest MA inquiries you will have a big problem.

Is that allowed?

You can not call them. You must get them to call you.

Back